StartPatch is a homebrew application that patches your System Menu v4.0, v4.1, or v4.2 in a similar fashion as StarFall. It is based upon Menu Patcher by Isaac356.
Non-Brick Related Note
I have only tested the 4.0.4 USA version and cannot say if others work. I can now confirm that StartPatch 4.1 NTSC-U does work mostly. v4.2 has been tested too!
People will be asking "Why do other regions get higher versions than USA?"
Because the 4.0.4 is the version that works. I have heard about 4.0.6 not copying saves correctly but 4.0.5 (and 4.0.4) do have the correct versions for removing copy protection flags. Also, there is no 4.0.5 for USA that i know of.
Also, some of these hacks don't play well with preloader's versions (same values). So you must either turn off preloader's version or startpatch's version.
Example: Preloader can't have "press right on GC pad" while StartPatch has that same hack on.
* Disable HAXX, DVDX, RZDx Checks - Disables the System Menu from blocking Homebrew.
* Block Disc Updates - Blocks updates, which have been embedded in Discs.
* Region Free Wii Games - Forces your System Menu to play all region games in your Wii's region.
* Region Free Channels - Allow installation of any region Channels.
* Region Free GC Games No VM Patch - Removes region restrictions on Gamecube games.
* Remove NoCopy Protection (Need To Install ALL Five) - Removes the Save File Copy Protection, which prevents Save Files from being copied to SD Cards.
* Move Disc Channel - Enables the Disc Channel to be moved.
* No Menu BG Music - Removes the System Menu's background music.
* Recovery Mode 4th GC DPad UP (Need To Install BOTH) - Allows you to enter the Wii's Recovery Mode easily.
* Remove Diag Disc Check - Remove Diagnostic Disc check.
* Auto-Press A At Health Screen - Automatically presses "A" for you at the Health Screen.
* Replace Health Screen With Black - Instead of seeing the Health Screen, it shows a black screen.
* Force Disc To Use IOS249 - Forces Discs to use IOS249.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
RetroXMB Creator The RetroXMB Creator updates keep on coming courtesy of Aldostools