RSS Reader is a J2ME MIDP application that is able to read most RSS feed versions. RSS is a lightweight XML format designed for sharing headlines and other content like blogs and news.
· Add RSS feed bookmarks
· Parse RSS feeds
· Browse RSS feed headers
· Read topics
· Import and synchronize RSS feed lists using OPML format
· Update all feeds with single command
· Open item in device browser
What's New in This Release:
· Use latest antenna 1.2.1 beta.
· Use latest proguard 4.5 beta3.
· Prevent override message from causing hang on import feeds.
· Use NULL pattern.
· Use observer pattern for feed parsing to prevent hangs from spotty networks and bad URLs.
· Use observer pattern for OPML/list parsing to prevent hangs from spotty networks and bad URLs.
· Don't use observer pattern for MIDP 1.0 as it increases size.
· Get feed titles for blank names in OPML in FeedListParser.
· Have next item command on item display.
· Use antenna to create manifest and jad.
· Remove unused methods.
· Fixed loop.
· Fix testing code of explicit.
· Use googlecode_upload.pl to upload to Google Project Hosting.
· Create smartphone version with just MIDP 2.0
· Create archive files.
· Don't create empty version directory.
· Use zip for src as the file paths are too long for non-GPL tar.
· Use - in cod files before version instead of .
· Make test distribution target with only MIDP 2.0 and MIDP 2.0 with JSR-75.
· Remove unneeded directories.
· Fix properties for MIDP 2.0 podcast/itunes.
· Create itunes test target.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Java ME, Java Nokia 240x320, Java SE 240x320
Other Software by developer «Tommi Laukkanen»:
Mobile Twitter Client - Twim Twim is a mobile Twitter client that enables users to browse history, replies, friends, direct messages and public feeds. Users can also also update their status. Links can be opened in phone browser. User can take photo and upload it to Twitgoo or TwitPic services
Groceries MIDlet Groceries MIDlet - The Groceries application can be used to create shopping lists and keep track on what items you have already collected. The application can store multiple lists and one list can hold multiple items
MeeToDo MeeToDo is a simple to-do app for Getting Things Done. Application tries to have as little features as possible so that you can concentrate on getting things done. User interface tries to mirror the best to-do tool, paper and pen, as closely as possible.
Support MeeGo (Nokia N950, N9)
Blockers (S40) Addictive Series 40 puzzle game where your goal is to clear the area from blocks of same color
TwimGo TwimGo is a Twitter client for Maemo, Symbian and MeeGo devices. It contains all the basic functionality like home, mentions, favourites etc. timelines, search, lists, trends. You can also easily open links and search mentioned hashtags. TwitPic and yFrog photo preview is shown in tweet details.
Support for MeeGo devices
Mobile TV Recorder Mobile TV Recorder - The Mobile TV Recorder is a system that allows user to record TV broadcasts with the mobile phone. The actual recording is done in the backend server with help of TV adapter and video recording software.
How to setup the Mobile TV Recorder?
1. Download the binary files.
2. Download and install Apache Tomcat.
SubOthello MIDlet SubOthello MIDlet - The popular Othello game for Symbian Series 60 mobile phones. Othello is a two-player game. One player has the black stones, the other the white ones. The players take turns to place stones on the board, with black having the first move
Mobidentica Mobidentica is a mobile client for the identi.ca service. Identi.ca is a microblogging service like Twitter, where users can post short (max 140 character) notices.
With current version you can update your status and browse your replies, public timeline etc.
You can’t login with OpenID account so you’ll have to use your identi
ChromeBall ChromeBall - A small game of Labyrinth. The idea of game should be pretty familiar to everyone. You will need to guide the metal ball to goal by tilting the game board. On each level there is one hole more compared to previous level. Levels are created randomly