Fractalmetrics - Explore the "Mandelbrot Set" fractal space using simple controls:
· Press and hold on the area you want to zoom in on.
· Swipe up, down, left and right to pan.
· Press the menu button and "Save to SD card" to save the generated image for use as a wallpaper or send the beautiful images through email or text to your friends.
The "Mandelbrot Set" is defined by the equation:
Zn+1 = Zn^2 + c
The "c" in this equation can be a normal decimal number that we are used to seeing in every day life, or it can be an "imaginary number". Imaginary numbers are ones that attempt to define the square root of a negative number. No number multiplied by itself will result in a negative number, so mathematicians invented "i" which is defined as the square root of negative one. The "Mandelbrot Set" lies on a plane where the left to right x values are the real number components of "c" and the up-down y values are the imaginary number i components of "c".
The equation above is the type where the result of the equation is fed back into itself in what is called recursion or a recursive function. Initially a point is chosen within this real-imaginary plane and the equation is repeatedly applied until it can be determined that that starting point "escapes" or is part of the set.
The rainbow colors of this app are achieved by assigning a slightly different color to each point depending upon how many iterations it takes to determine that that point escapes the "Mandelbrot Set".
What's New in This Release:
· Added zoom-in and zoom-out using swipe up/down.
· Added the ability to start by using a smaller image until you are able to find a good place where you want to see the Mandelbrot in its full glory.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x
Other Software by developer «Kyle Fischer»:
Geometrics Create stunning Maurer rose geometric patterns using simple controls
Gravimetrics Control a bouncing color changing ball using the accelerometer in your phone