Instapaper - Save web pages for later offline reading, optimized for readability on your iPhone or iPod touch's screen. Featured by Apple and critically acclaimed by top blogs, newspapers, and magazines!
Great for long articles and blog posts that you find during the day and would like to read, but don't have the time when you find them. Save with Instapaper, then read later when you are commuting, in a meeting, or waiting in line.
You can now browse and save articles that your friends liked on Instapaper! Find friends on Facebook or Twitter, or via email.
Sending to Instapaper is supported by over 140 other iPhone and iPad apps! You can even send long emails to Instapaper.
And if you run out of articles to read, or haven't had time to find any, you can browse the Editor's Picks for more, curated by hand from the Instapaper community's most-saved stories.
· Saves most web pages as text only, stripping away the full-sized layout to optimize for the iPhone and iPad screens
· Distraction-free reading environment gets out of your way so you can focus on the content
· Everything you download is then available **OFFLINE**, so you can read whenever you want, even on airplanes or on Wi-Fi-only devices away from internet connections
· Adjustable fonts, text sizes, line spacing, and margins
· Dark mode for night reading
· Dictionary lookups
· Tilt scrolling, page-flipping
· Article sharing via email, Tumblr, or Twitter
· Rotation lock
· Download up to 500 articles on your iPhone or iPad, and store unlimited articles on the Instapaper website
· Preview links in the built-in browser without leaving the app
What's New in This Release:
· Optional delete confirmation
· Fixed share sheet clipping on iPad
· Fix missing "Shake for Random" row in Advanced Settings
· Other minor enhancements and fixes
What's New in 5.2:
· Introducing Highlights. You can now highlight and save text from any article!
· Create a highlight by selecting text and pressing the "Highlight" option.
· Your highlights are immediately synced to all your mobile devices and Instapaper.com
· New Instapaper logo and icons
· Improved and more accessible social sharing
· Swipe from edge to navigate back from article view
· Move articles from folders directly back to "Home"
· Fixed bug where articles downloaded were displayed as "Downloading..."
· Other enhancements and improvements
What's New in 5.1.5:
· Instapaper Daily integration
· Send to Kindle functionality (subscriber only)
· Autorenewable subscriptions
· Improved AirPlay integration
· Fix back gestures with pagination enabled
· Other minor enhancements
What's New in 5.1.4:
· Fixed issue with background fetch
What's New in 5.1.2:
· Reorganized settings
· Separate on boarding from read later list
· Minor bug fixes
What's New in 5.1.1:
· Article interface hides on scroll
· Fixed issue with videos on retina iPad
· Fixed theme change bug
· Other minor fixes and enhancements
What's New in 5.1:
· iPad updates!
· Sorting and filtering
· New color scheme
· Browse and video sections
· Disappearing scrollbar
· Performance improvements
· Minor bug fixes
What's New in 5.0.2:
· Added Netbot and Notesy to Share panel.
· Fixed "white-screen" bug.
· Fixed Contacts access in Find Friends under iOS 6.
· Fixed 1-pixel misalignment of filled circles in the page indicator.
· Upgraded the Open-Dyslexic font to Dyslexie, a prior typeface by Christian Boer of StudioStudio better optimized for dyslexia.
What's New in 4.2.6:
· Improved pagination performance.
· Improved dark-mode colors and link colors. (More on that front soon.)
· Removed instapaper.com/z short URLs from all remaining Twitter sharing methods. Now that t.co URLs are supported by nearly all apps, custom short URLs are unnecessary and they only inconvenience Twitter readers, so they're gone. Your links are yours and should have as few intermediaries as possible.
· Removed rarely-used "Print" feature.
· Added Buffer, Chrome, and the upcoming iCab Reading List to the Share panel.
· Added "Report a text problem" to article footers so customers can help improve Instapaper's parsing of certain pages.
· Improved Pinboard login security to use their new token system instead of storing passwords.
· Made syncing even faster.
· Fixed bugs from the future.
What's New in 4.2.6:
· More iOS 6 bugfixes, including email composing and the Search sheet on iPad.
· Another new accessibility font: FS Me, designed with and endorsed by Mencap to aid legibility for those with learning disabilities. It's so good that even the fully-abled should give it a try.
What's New in 4.2.3:
· Background Update Locations: Automatically download new articles in the background whenever you enter or leave locations such as your home or workplace. Special thanks to News.me for pioneering this technique.
· Improved typography: now supports ligatures and advanced kerning in most articles when using the Lyon, Tisa, Meta, or Hoefler Text fonts.
· Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
What's New in 4.2.2:
· Added setting to disable the new-articles icon badge when using Background Update Locations.
· Updated Twitter sharing to use native Twitter links instead of j.mp.
· Miscellaneous bug fixes.
What's New in 4.2:
· All-new Fast Pagination mode, a complete rewrite from the old pagination code that greatly improves accuracy and page-turn speed
· Optional iBooks-style page-turning animations and gestures
· New draggable dot bar to replace the scroll bar in pagination mode
· New two-finger-swipe gesture to close an article
· Full-screen now has "Auto" mode to switch to full screen after a few seconds
· The subtle Twilight Sepia color tint can now be selected at any time
· Added sharing to Drafts and Quotebook apps
· Many bugfixes and performance improvements
What's New in 4.1.1:
· New setting: Select grid or list format (iPad)
· New setting: Enable/disable the new Back gestures from 4.1
· Dark-mode colors are now more legible on modern screens
· Images in Dark Mode are now dimmed so they don't blind you (tap to brighten)
· Animations when opening and closing articles on iPad now slide, rather than fade, to match gestures
· Pagination is now faster, and a subtle animation on iPad indicates direction (like on iPhone)
· Opening articles is now faster
· Fixed Elena's thin rendering of certain letters in landscape
· Fixed a frequent dark-mode crash on iPad
· Miscellaneous other minor fixes
What's New in 4.1:
· Six great new professional fonts designed for long-form reading and maximum legibility.
· Full-screen mode for distraction-free reading.
· Twilight Sepia: the sunset-based Automatic Dark Mode can now slightly tint the screen with a sepia tone during twilight hours before going to Dark Mode.
· New gestures to exit an article and return to the list: swiping to the right when pagination is inactive, or paging beyond the top or bottom when using pagination.
· Retina graphics for new iPad.
· Many small bug fixes and improvements.
What's New in 4.0.4:
· Fixed crash on iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G.
What's New in 4.0.2:
· Faster updates and startup
· Images now work with VPNs and proxies
· Optional Subscriptions can now be purchased in 3-, 6-, or 12-month intervals
· New Subscription page in Settings shows remaining duration and renewal options
· Added Summly and Due to Share panel, and added Definition to dictionary popups, when their respective apps are installed
· Added support for the "Speak Selection" accessibility feature in iOS 5
· Fixed miscellaneous interface shortcomings