Powder release 107 for DS Homebrew developer Jeff Lait recently released another hefty set of updates to the dungeon crawling homebrew game Powder. The current build clocks itself as release 107 and adds a lot of new features taken directly from the users' feedback.
Most of the new additions center mainly on gameplay and visual tweaks. For instance, several new tilesets have been added to reflect various status effects, such as stoned or poisoned characters.
Anyway, here are the complete details to all the new stuff added since our previous coverage of Powder:
* Leather helms will actually use the new leather helm icon. (Bunnyriffic)
* Doors to special rooms will hopefully now be properly blocked so wandering monsters don't wander through them.
* Secret doors should no longer be giveaways in dark rooms by being the only lit wall.
* Special overlay tile when creatures are on fire.
* New special weapon, the earth hammer. (Ibson the Grey)
* Creatures may teleport you to escape rather than always themselves.
* Creatures will use wands of sleep to escape. (Derek S. Ray)
* Creatures that are tame to someone other than yourself are described as followers rather than tame. (Derek S. Ray)
* Picked up items always go to the end of your inventory rather than filling holes, hopefully making it easier to find items you just picked up. (Malte Helmert)
* H'ruth is no longer impressed by you being surrounded by sleeping or paralysed enemies. (Robert Hamaker)
* The charging of lightning rapiers is now proportional to the damage that would be done.
* Tlosh will grant exotic armour skill. (R. Dan Henry)
* Necromancer and Barbarian dress codes (R. Dan Henry)
* When polyed into a grid bug you can move diagonally with the stylus, mouse, or the new Move command. (Michal Bielinski)
* Flamestrike's strength now is dependent on your favour with your current god. (Xaintrix)
* Ghosts are no longer able to bypass the library's locks.
* You can make secret doors and hidden traps. (CYBER Aeon)
* You can smash viewports. (Brendan)
* Name generator has a hotkey so keyboard purists can use it. (Brendan)
* Forgetting things no longer leaves the menu on screen.
* When turning to stone or poisoned your apperance changes.
* The final damage from poison is now applied before the you are cured message, leading to a less confusing apparent order of events. (Andrew Poandl)
* Ibson the Grey tileset white and red dragons fixed. (Vladimir Stalin)
Powder release 107 includes a lengthy documentation, which explains all of the game's controls and how to run it on your preferred platform. You can also leave your comments by dropping by the developer's project page, accessible through the Via link in the main article.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Super Smash Bros Crash! DS Demo 5 Homebrew coder miguel28 is back to release a new version of Super Smash Bros Clash, a portable adaptation of the highly popular Super Smash Bros
xRick Remember the xRick homebrew game that Troy Davis (aka GPF) released to the DS some time ago? We're letting you know that Alekmaul is now the current developer behind this project, and that the game's recently been updated to version 2
Lemmings DS Lemmings DS by Team LemProject is an open source port of the original Lemmings on the Amiga
Falldown for DS To those who are familiar with the PSP homebrew Falldown by karmon, a similar game has recently been coded by Derrick Gold for the Nintendo DS
Powder Release 102 (for DS) Good news to Roguelike game fans, who happen to own PSPs: Homebrew developer Jeff Lait's popular homebrew Roguelike title Powder is finally ported over to the PSP, so there is no longer any need to run Powder through a GBA emulator
DiggerDS Thank goodness for homebrew remakes, else we'd never see some staples of the good old days
Hyper Clubbing Friends DS Hyper Clubbing Friends takes Super Smash Bros Brawl and brings it via homebrew game development to the Nintendo DS
Lemmings DS Team LemProject emerges with Lemmings DS DLDI alpha version, or simply Lemmings DS version 5
Super Smash Bros Crash! DS Demo 2 Homebrew coder miguel28 has released a new vdemo of Super Smash Bros Clash, a portable adaptation of the highly popular Super Smash Bros
Comments on Powder release 107 for DS:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Powder release 107 for DS supports it