Project JDS Japanese is a tricky language to master, both verbally and on a written level as well. However, Nintendo DS homebrew developer A.A. van Zoelen has made a nifty little application that aims to test your Japanese character writing skills and even grades you on the quality of your penmanship.
While similar Japanese learning applications on the PSP have been designed, Project JDS v1.30 is a unique application for the DS which allows you to test out the different brush strokes needed to master the hiragana and katakana characters of the Japanese language. This gives users who are interested in learning Japanese the chance to practice and identify how to write these various characters.
Since the characters are based on phonetic syllables, Project JDS v1.30 allows you to use the stylus to practice each individual character from either hiragana, katakana, romanji and all the combinations from one set of characters to another. While it doesn't support kanji characters, the application does support a feature which allows you to listen how a certain character is pronounced.
For those of you interested or are currently learning Japanese, this application is definitely for you. This versatile learning app is something people on the go can use to master this tricky language.
Here's the complete changelog history of this unique homebrew application:
* When you have many right/wrong answers the result wouldn't fit anymore in the box onscreen.
* Check button incorrectly erased - Corrected * Raised the volume of speech * Added Good and Fault sounds * Added stylus clicks on menu items * Added an intro sound
* Added NEXT and CHECK buttons to to writing screen
* Changed drawing width from 6 to 4 * Reset the shown image when selecting a new set * Removed bug from selection grouping * Typo - Changed Stoke(s) into Stroke(s)
* Changed scoring system. Now it displays the total score and the current score for this practise. The current score is reset when a menu action is done, except for help.
* Removed the 1 second timeout when a wrong answer is given and replaced that for a 'Wait for touch screen' * Removed the 1 second timeout when you check if your drawing is ok and replaced that for a 'Wait for touch screen' * Added 'Touch to continue !' message * Remove the bug that cause a partial screen wipe when the menu was open and you clicked besides the unfolded menu. * Startup bug removed. Apparently no menu was selected even when it was shown at startup.
* Added still images and added a switch to turn off animation * Changed randomizer. Each character now is shown 3 times. When fault then it is more likely to come again. When ok it will drop in in rank. When drawn 3 times correct it is no more shown until all characters has been drawn correctly 3 time. * Removed a bug in the Romaji menu, border not shown. * Removed two other bugs in the menu.
* RI sound was incorrect
* RI incorrect image in katagana and hiragana * Added version control
* Correct names for Maru and Nigori * No columns selected bug
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
DSLearnJ Well, it's been a long time since we have heard something new from DS homebrew developer Zarxrax
Latinus DS Learn and train Latin with this application