Nokia PC Phone is an experimental service that gives you the ability to use your mobile phone from your web browser.
You can call, text, and manage contacts from your phone all through your PC!
The great thing about Nokia PC Phone is that you can use it to communicate with friends and family even though they don't have the Nokia PC Phone themselves. No one will be able to tell the difference because your calls and text messages are actually made from your own Nokia phone.
What's New in This Release:
· Significant performance improvements; the first time you connect you phone is slowish (PC Phone does a "full sync" with your phone), though
· General stability issues corrected
· In call and SMS logs dates were shown as "today" although they actually were "yesterday".
· Get Connected Wizard now warns about incompatible phones and connectivity methods (does not tell that S60 3.0 phones are not fully compatible, though)
· Most of sorting and search problems fixed
· Problems with national characters in contacs fixed
· Some times PC Phone mixed certain phone number fields in contacts
· PC Phone installer does not install add-on for Internet Expoler other than 7.x
· Problems with multiline note in contacts corrected
· Phone numbers in Contact details were sometimes mixed (i.e. home number was seen as work number)
· Special characters in contact text fields caused prblems; fixed
· Web page phone number recognition has been improved (covers more phone number writing styles)
· IE7: phone numbers in Contacts tab are not any more "painted" for click-to-call
· "Recognize phone numbers" setting in Firefox is now saved (i.e. the setting is not lost when Firefox is restarted)
· In certain situations incoming call/SMS number was not mapped to name; corrected
· The telephone number of a contact was not seen in contact details with some phones; fixed
· A telephone number in contacts can be in format +44(12)345678 - i.e. parenthesis (and also other delimites) are allowed
· Call log entry can be deleted
· Browser "refresh" button initiates full (and slow) sync with phone
· Added new "doing something" indicators
· When answering a call with SMS the caller number is editable (in some cases the phone drops leading "0" or international prefix)
· SMSes sent with PC Phone and S40 phones are now saved in PC Phone
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Requirements:Firefox 2.x (or higher) and Internet Explorer 7.x (or higher).
· Microsoft Windows XP or Vista.
Supported operating systems:
S60 2nd Edition
Other Software by developer «Nokia»:
Nokia Photo Browser Nokia Photo Browser is an experimental photo browser that makes your viewing experience quick and fun!
Nokia Universal Search Nokia Universal Search - Everything is just a tap or two away with Universal Search - making your Nokia phone your tool for planning and doing, finding and going. Just enter a query from the home screen for personalized results and suggestions as you type. You will discover all the information you need, whether it's on your phone or the web
Sudokumaster Sudokumaster demonstrates how to design a simple Flash Lite Sudoku game
Nokia Call Connect for Cisco Nokia Call Connect for Cisco is designed for businesses that already have, or plan to install, Cisco Unified Communications Manager or Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express infrastructure. It integrates Nokia Eseries devices with the fixed corporate telephony infrastructure of Cisco, using both the cellular network and WLAN with VoIP technologies
Nokia iSync Plugins Plugins that allow several Nokia phones to work with iSync, Apple's synchronizing software
Nokia Lifeblog Nokia Lifeblog - automatically organizes your photos, videos, text messages, and multimedia messages into a clear chronology you can easily browse, search, edit, and save. Nokia Lifeblog does the work of organizing the items you create and receive, and you can also add notes throughout the day
100th Day of School 100th Day of School -
In cooperation with Sesame Workshop - the creators of Sesame Street - Nokia Research Center has created a new interactive book experience. Elmo from Sesame Street is an interactive story time participant listening to the story along with the child. Elmo asks questions relevant to each page to encourage children to talk more about the book
Nokia Mobile Dictionary Swedish Nokia Mobile Dictionary Swedish-is a dictionary application for translating words from one language to another. In addition to pre-installed language(s) you may download additional dictionary languages.
The dictionary application allows you to have English and two user-defined languages on your device at the same time
Nokia Battery Monitor Nokia Battery Monitor shows you the battery charge level with estimates of remaining usage time and charging time. It also provides statistics of your recent energy usage. Information can be viewed in full screen application or homescreen widget