BEIKS Dictionary Reader for Palm OS - BDicty (pronounced "bee-dikti") is an application for reference content, and one of the first Palm dictionary applications ever!
Powered with rich set of language, professional, scientific and even entertainment dictionary lexicons, BDicty will quickly become one of the most valuable and used applications in your handheld.
Pay attention that BDicty itself is only a dictionary program and not a dictionary; much like with the e-books, one needs a program and a document (in our case a dictionary) in order to do something useful.
There is a wide selection of lexicons available for BDicty dictionary reader - both free and commercial - at http://www.beiks.com and all around the Net.
In the Palm world, BDicty Dictionary comes in two versions: Light (Public) and Pro (Commercial). Both versions can open and work with any of the available dictionary lexicons.
The light version is free for download and personal use, but lacks some of the features of the Pro version.
Except in dictionary bundles, the Pro version is a separate product from any of the commercially available dictionary files (lexicons) and can be purchased separately if needed.
We do not beat drums announcing we are the best on the market as others do, although this may very well be the case. But it is your judgment to make.
We dare to claim, however, that we are working hard to provide you - our customers - with what you request: a robust and useful Palm dictionary solution at a fair price.
· Specialized for reference content (dictionaries), resulting in simplified interface and improved speed
· Hundreds of language, specialized and entertainment dictionaries and phrasebooks, including free ones; if you do not find your dictionary here please let us know!
· Available on other mobile platforms (Pocket PC, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Sharp Zaurus)
· International Phonetic Alphabet-based database of English pronunciations*
· Keyword coloring makes reading easier (requires lexicon versions 2.0 and higher)
· Full text search within dictionary articles turns every dictionary in a thesaurus!
· Support for talking travel phrasebooks with native language speakers
· Support for wide screen portrait and landscape modes /where applicable/
· Specially optimized for speed on new, faster Palm OS 5 devices with ARM processors
· Instant lookup from within any other application*
· Extendable with custom articles*
· Standard travel phrasebooks*
· Unlimited unidirectional dictionaries
· High data compression, leaving more memory for other applications
· Dictionary browsing with dynamic word positioning
· Cross-lookup feature
· Two view modes with adjustable display panes
· True support for MMC, SD, MS external media cards through VFS
· Tested on the whole family of Palm OS® devices, up to and including the latest and greatest Palm models (Treo 650, Tungsten T|X, Palm LifeDrive)
· Adjustable font sizes
· Horizontal / Vertical views
· Smart view
· Most recently looked up words list
· Word of the day
· Free software updates**
What's New in This Release:
· Significant changes in program structures breaks compatibility with older dictionary lexicons and requires them to be updated with latest versions
· Resident lookup is now available with rich text output and links as well as for phrase book lexicons
· Support for audio pronunciations in dictionary lexicons and immediate availability of the TrueVoice dictionary series for English, Spanish, French and German
· BEIKS Dictionary Reader now requires OS 5
· Fully functional trials now available
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Palm OS 5.x
BDicty Dictionary Reader for Palm OS BDicty Dictionary Reader for Palm OS - BDicty is a general purpose dictionary program that allows hosting of miscellaneous language translation lexicons (distributed separately). Each lexicon allows translation from one language to another.
BDicty comes in two versions: Light (Public) and Pro (Commercial)
PalmStackz 2006 Convenient Palm OS version of the popular Stackz flashcard organizer, which is optimized for learning Japanese, Chinese and Korean vocabulary
MSDict Viewer 7 MSDict Viewer is an innovative dictionary reader specially designed to combine high data compression for memory restricted devices with a fast search algorithm, and user-friendly interface with amazing speed
TDDT Dictionary application with support for non-European languages
DicMake With this simple application, you will be able to create your own custom dictionary,
MSDict Viewer 6 MSDict Viewer is an innovative dictionary reader specially designed to combine high data compression for memory restricted devices with a fast search algorithm, and user-friendly interface with amazing speed
AW Dictionary Maker AW Dictionary Maker is a command-line dictionary creation tool for RoadLingua
PalmOpenDic PalmOpenDic - is a PalmOS dictionary application that can be used to view (and search in) dictionaries which are stored in compressed form on your Palm Storage Memory or on an expansion card.
The whole application requires about 16K of storage memory, excluding databases, of course
BEIKS English-Swedish Bidirectional Dictionary for Android BEIKS English-Swedish Bidirectional Dictionary The comprehensive and carefully selected bi-directional English-Swedish dictionary for Google's Android, is designed to cover the needs of the English speaker challenged with colloquial Swedish in the field
BEIKS English-Greek Lexicon for Palm OS BEIKS English-Greek Lexicon for Palm OS - The compact and carefully selected English to Greek Dictionary, is an excellent choice for English travelers in Greece and of course for students. The English to Greek lexicon has over 6, 000 words and forms
BEIKS Talking English-French Phrasebook for BlackBerry BEIKS Talking English-French Phrasebook - If you travel to a French speaking country and do not know French this is an essential tool to have.
The English-French talking phrasebook for Blackberry devices is easier to use than regular dictionary
BEIKS English Dictionary and Thesaurus for BlackBerry Whether a student, an amateur linguist, an attorney or even a native English-speaking writer, the English Dictionary and Thesaurus bundle for Blackberry handhelds, gives you the resources you need to learn faster and maintain rich and correct English vocabulary. The product is simply a must for foreign students in USA and GB