Expedition ES - Go outside on a mapping expedition! Turn your Palm or Visor into a portable surveying instrument with the power of a computer. How high is that tree, mountain, building? How high did the model rocket fly? How far is it across the river, lake, canyon? What's the distance between those places on opposite sides of that hill? Does the altitude and azimuth of that star match that given for Vega in a planetarium program? All of these can be done in the field.
Export the data records to memos in CSV format and input them into a PC spreadsheet such as Microsoft Excel. Use the data with compass and straightedge to create maps on your own of the areas. Participate or compete in fun and educational activities in cartography.
· Up to 32 user-named mapping waypoints.
· Altitude measurements between waypoints.
· Azimuth measurements between waypoints.
· Distance entries between waypoints.
· Data record management. Data export in CSV format.
· Height calculations of objects based on data records. Scaled graphical display of results. User-defined measurement height automatically added.
· Distance calculations of inaccessible waypoints based on data records (Registered Version). Scaled graphical display of triangulation with layers.
· Entries and graphical displays in English and metric units. User-defined Step lengths.
· Altitude and Azimuth measurements taken either with a loose string or with a string taped at a calibrated pivot point.
· Written in Quartus Forth--compact, fast!
· Detailed user manual with engaging activities.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Palm OS 3.x, Palm OS 4.x, Palm OS 5.x
Planisphere Planisphere - What's that bright thing over the wood shed? Is it a UFO or Venus? Grab your Palm Pilot and find out!
Planisphere is an interactive sky chart program modeled on the astronomical device of the same name. It displays the sky as it appears right now at your location - or at any other time and place you select
Travel Rome (Palm OS) Travel Rome is a comprehensive travel guide and phrasebook illustrated with maps and photographs. Indulge Yourself with a personal tour guide on Your PDA
MyLocation MyLocation - Google Maps is one of the most useful applications on the Treo series of smartphones. When the "My Location" feature from Google was released, it made the application even better. However, Google was not able to make this feature available for the Treo series. This application fixes this