tryda Directory Assistant - TelePages' goal is to connect you to the businesses, people, products and services you want, whenever and wherever you want. And tryda is one of the simplest and fastest ways to get 411 information on your mobile phone.
Fast: tryda is fast...much faster than a browser-based search. The tryda application resides on your phone, so it opens instantly and allows you to submit your query and receive your response within seconds. No need to wait for browser or map pages to load before you can get started. Get maps or directions, as well.
Efficient: tryda is very lightweight, with a very small memory footprint. Plus, because the application and many of your settings, preferences and templates are in resident memory, the amount of data that passes over the mobile network is minimized, further speeding the response.
Free to Download and Use: If you have an unlimited data plan through your mobile carrier, there is no added cost to you to use tryda. If you have a data plan that is not unlimited, you will incur data charges from your carrier when using it. But tryda minimizes the amount of data transferred because much of what you see is already in your device's memory and it doesn't load data-intensive maps from the Web just to get a result (you can do that after you get your results). This speeds up the process, and conserves your data usage, saving you time and money.
· Dial query results directly with one click
· Find Business Name
· Find Residential Name
· Reverse Query by Phone or Address
· Streamlined UI: Simplified look and feel to minimize keystrokes and improve one-handed navigation with the 5-way navigation pad
· Find by Business Category
· Saved Favorites: save frequently-used queries and results to simplify and speed up retrieval of your most frequently used listings
· Use the three-digit airport code to specify the location of your query
· Auto-notification in tryda when an update is available
· Send feedback, comments and suggestions directly from tryda
What's New in This Release:
· Google Maps fix: tryda will now find the latest version of Google Maps in the phone's memory (RAM); previously only found newer versions on the SD card
· Default Locations added: fill in a Default Location (Home, Work, Hotel, etc.) once, and use it every time you do a Directions or Map query
· Directions: you can now fill in a Directions address directly from your Contacts, My tryda or a Default Location
· Directions: several bug fixes
· Maps: you can now fill in a Maps address directly from your Contacts, My tryda or a Default Location
· My tryda: several enhancements, including separate pages for each result type: Business, People and Directions
· Last Results: added dedicated Last Results buttons for each of Business, People/Reverse and Directions
· Data quality: improved handling of ZIP+4, Suite/Apt numbers and some results with incomplete data / listings
· Enhanced look to Main Menu and logo
· Added color to "New Version Available" notice, which shows up at the bottom of the Main Menu when a new version of tryda is made available and some people missed before
· Added tryda Tips to help you discover new tryda capabilities
· Added support for Classic for the Palm* Pre. Copy to Contacts is not currently supported, but will be added by Classic in a future maintenance release
· Registration: several updates and bug fixes
· Log In/Out: "Clear Data" menu item changed to "Log Out" (a name change to clarify its function)
· Numerous small bug fixes in tryda
· Web site look has been improved
· Web site Registration process has been shortened to more closely match Registration using tryda on your device
· Web site FAQ updated
· Added ability to reset your Password, by request
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Palm OS 3.x, Palm OS 4.x, Palm OS 5.x
Plusmo (Palm OS) Plusmo is a free "offline" web browser and RSS reader for your BlackBerry