Rapid Movie - The general purpose of RNS:: Rapid Movie is capturing film frames at a rate much slower than a playback speed. When replayed at normal speed, time appears to be moving faster. Processes that would normally appear subtle to the human eye become very pronounced.
The following photography and cinematography techniques are supported by RNS:: Rapid Movie:
* Time-lapse - each film frame is captured at a rate much slower than it will be played back.
* Stop motion - an animation technique which makes static objects appear to move.
* Sequential shooting - pictures are captured one after another in equal intervals.
ll video recordings created by Rapid Movie are saved in the QuickTime movie format (*.mov)
All photo sequences shot by Rapid Movie are saved in the JPEG image format (*.jpg)
To play QuickTime movie files created by RNS:: Rapid Movie, you may use QuickTime Player on your PC or Mac, or The Core Pocket Media Player (TCPMP) on your Treo.
There are 3 operating modes in RNS:: Rapid Movie:
* Single Photo - captures still pictures just like the "Camera" application. This simple mode does not actually create movies or photo sequences, but one shot a time.
* Photo Series - takes pictures sequentially in equal intervals, and saves them as separate JPEG files. You can adjust the interval between consecutive shots.
* Moving Video - takes pictures sequentially in equal intervals, and saves them all as a single MOV file. You can adjust the interval between consecutive shots, as well as the playback rate.
Areas of use:
The technologies provided by RNS:: Rapid Movie generally give best results when recording objects or scenes that change slowly, in long periods of time. Some classic subjects include:
* Evolution of a construction projectEvolution of a construction project
* Front view from a moving vehicleFront view from a moving vehicle
* Daily changesDaily changes
* Plants growing and flowers openingPlants growing and flowers opening
* Cloudscapes and celestial motionCloudscapes and celestial motion
* People in the cityPeople in the city
* Model animationModel animation
* Fruit rottingFruit rotting
How to create an animation?
Movie recorded with Rapid MovieThe animation presented to the right was created with Rapid Movie. The toy-bulldozer is not a remote-controlled vehicle. It is not even equipped with an engine. Frames of the animation were captured in equal intervals with the delay of 5 seconds. During the delays, the toy's position was manually changed, making a slight difference between contiguous frames. The static pictures were then combined into a single fast-playing image sequence, creating a moving video.
What's New in This Release:
· Palm Zire 72 support.
· Palm Centro support.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Palm OS 5.x
MatchWho This program may help you to find out who you are looking for
Foto Timer Foto Timer beeps every x seconds. I use it to make long-time exposures when photographing stars
Photogather Photogaher for Palm OS, a wonderful digital album on Palm with image editor, viewer ,browser and a picture taker built-in, makes it possible for you to view , edit and take photos anytime, anywhere
pic_Build Picture Database Preparation Software -- Windows version in English
Clie AudioPlayer Stylus Volume and Position Hack This application addresses one of the greatest inconveniences of the Clie AudioPlayer application, which is the inability to set the playback position and volume by tapping on the appropriate bar on screen
Butterfly Themes With this free mobile application you can load additional color themes
Toolbar+ Add new icons to the default command bar!