Serving Sizer - translates favorite recipes into desired serving sizes with your Palm handheld.
The program is a recipe ingredient conversion tool. It is a calculator for multiplying and estimating recipe ingredients. The program converts recipe ingredients to alternative serving sizes and proportions. It includes quick click buttons for common recipe conversions such as halve, double and triple. It also converts US weights and measures (cups, pints, lbs, etc...) to and from Metric system equivalents (ml, grams, etc...).
Cooking has become mainstream with the advent of cooking channels, online sources, clubs, and celebrity chefs. Average people often find themselves wanting to make the latest recipe seen on TV or online, but for a different number of guests. Now any recipe can be translated to meet specific needs with Serving Sizer(TM).
The software can convert from a favorite celebrity chef's recipe that serves eight, to one that serves a dinner party of five. This tool is useful as well for caterers. A caterer can upsize his favorite family recipe for use with a large crowd. Sure, the math for converting from eight to 80 is easy, but what about eight to 100? Serving Sizer will proportion each ingredient to individual needs. Perhaps the cookbook contains a great recipe that serves six, but the need is for a romantic dinner for two. Convert the recipe to a two person meal with Serving Sizer. Serving Sizer can also translate recipes from other countries into local weights and measures. All this can be accomplished with a few convenient quick clicks on your Palm PDA.
How it works: Enter each ingredient, the recipe's servings, and then the desired number. The program converts the measurement, automatically optimizing to the minimum number of steps, such as one cup and one tablespoon, instead of 17 tablespoons. The units are shown in both metric or US weights and measures, which is easily changed in preferences. Double, triple, and halve buttons make it convenient to convert to these common recipe conversions.
· * Converts a US weight and measure (i.e. cups) to a Metric equivalent (i.e. ml).
· * Converts a Metric weight and measure (i.e. grams) to a US weight and measure equivalent (i.e. lbs, oz).
· * Halve, Double, Triple a recipe ingredient with one click.
· * Or, input the recipe's recommended servings (i.e. 4 people) and your desired number of servings (i.e. 9 people) and Serving Sizer(TM) will convert your ingredient to an estimated proportion that can be used in a recipe for more or less people.
· * New measurements can be viewed in both US weights and measures and Metric values, or you can select one or the other using Preferences.
· * Easy entry of ingredients with an intuitive user interface.
· * Pop up lists for units of measure and also for fractional measurements.
· * New measurements are optimized for the minimum number of steps for measuring out ingredients (i.e. 1 cup 1 T).
· * Ingredients can be measured in dry measure (i.e. cups), fluid measure (i.e. fl oz.), or weights (i.e. grams) as well as in Metric or US weights and measures. A value of "unit" is also useful for quantity-type ingredients such as eggs.
· * 5 way navigation button support--easier use when shopping or on the go!
What's New in This Release:
· Added icon support for all resolutions and all color depths.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Palm OS 3.x, Palm OS 4.x, Palm OS 5.x
Egg Timer Simple Timer with two modes of operation
Drinking Cooking & Shopping Suite (Palm OS) Drinking Cooking & Shopping Suite (Palm OS) - Bring out the Chef in you, be the Drinks expert, and Go Shopping! The Drinking, Cooking and Shopping Suite consists of 3 applications from Lakshmi Solutions LLC giving the user many options for hosting parties, preparing meals and dinners, and managing their shopping activities
MobileDB PalmBar PalmBar, by far one of the most popular databases available for the Palm OS has just been updated with 100's new recipes and several new drink databases!
eQuickRecipes (Palm OS) eQuickRecipes (Palm OS) - Use eQuickRecipes to store your favorite and most often used cooking recipes. With this application you can easily carry the recipes for your favorite appetizers, dessert, entree, etc. everywhere you go from your kitchen at home, to a friend's house, to a party or reunion, and all the way to the store
Other Software by developer «Creative Algorithms, LLC»:
Date Wheel Date Wheel is the electronic version of the plastic wheel-shaped calendar commonly used by businesses to calculate lead times. The program calculates the time between two dates. It can also be used to calculate the Julian date for any day of the year.
· Calculates time in months, weeks, days, or business days between any two points in time
Gage Tech Gage Tech is a measurement system validation tool that calculates Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (Gage R&R) for ISO9000, QS9000, requirements for Six Sigma, and for other quality systems
Trip Boss Trip Boss is an all-in-one travel manager for both business and personal travel.
Track expenses for expense reporting and export via Memo Pad.
Track mileage for distance (mi, km) reporting and export via Memo Pad.
Keep journal of customer contacts, places visited, sales initiated..
OptiSize Calculator for resizing, scaling and reproducing any 2D object. Can also be used to determine the number of duplicate images that will fit onto a page
Fraction Fit Fraction Fit is an calculator for converting between fractions and decimals. It also converts between inches and millimeters