Apt is a unique palm application. It is something of a mix between a preferences application, a button launcher and a macro program. The most distinguishing feature from other applications is that almost everything it does is on a per-application basis. The combination of per-application settings and arbitrary combination of events and responses leads to a tool that let's you customize control of your device to your heart's content.
Here are some examples of what is possible:
* set IR always off except in apps where you need to beam
* have on-screen graffiti only where you need it (it can get in the way other places)
* turn off those annoying system sounds, except for in your speaking dictionary app
* keep prying eyes away from particular apps, but access them quickly yourself
* have different colour themes for different apps
* change your hotsync name and keep using those apps registered with the old name
* call up your most-used apps and functions extremely quickly
* different macros for different programs
* launch apps extremely quickly by letter. Just start writing whenever a field does not have focus
* enable all apps that require it after a soft reset
* dim brightness slowly down in some apps to save energy when you're not using them. As soon as you tap, restore brightness to normal.
* scroll with pen strokes either in a fixed position or anywhere on the screen
* use your 5-way navigator with older games that only read hard keys usually.
* make a little diagonal stroke in the corner of the screen (or wherever you like) to rotate it
* call up different applications depending which SD card you insert
* setup a 'loop' of applications: use the same button to cycle through the applications in the loop.
* clear a fields text with a single swipe through the middle
* have a 'star' menu with your most used apps always on the 5-way navigator and the most recent apps handy below
* turn on onscreen graffiti when command bar comes up, turn off when it's gone
* when you go to app A, first visit app B (automatically) to enable a feature. When you leave app A, go to app B and disable the feature again.
* and soooo much more
What's New in This Release:
· bugfix: issue regarding the limit in app letter launching.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Palm OS 5.x
Tool One BW Tool One BW shows information of your PALM based handheld
KeepOn Keeps your Palm OS enabled device switch on until you press the Power button