Apt is a unique palm application. It is something of a mix between a preferences application, a button launcher and a macro program. The most distinguishing feature from other applications is that almost everything it does is on a per-application basis. The combination of per-application settings and arbitrary combination of events and responses leads to a tool that let's you customize control of your device to your heart's content.
Here are some examples of what is possible:
* set IR always off except in apps where you need to beam
* have on-screen graffiti only where you need it (it can get in the way other places)
* turn off those annoying system sounds, except for in your speaking dictionary app
* keep prying eyes away from particular apps, but access them quickly yourself
* have different colour themes for different apps
* change your hotsync name and keep using those apps registered with the old name
* call up your most-used apps and functions extremely quickly
* different macros for different programs
* launch apps extremely quickly by letter. Just start writing whenever a field does not have focus
* enable all apps that require it after a soft reset
* dim brightness slowly down in some apps to save energy when you're not using them. As soon as you tap, restore brightness to normal.
* scroll with pen strokes either in a fixed position or anywhere on the screen
* use your 5-way navigator with older games that only read hard keys usually.
* make a little diagonal stroke in the corner of the screen (or wherever you like) to rotate it
* call up different applications depending which SD card you insert
* setup a 'loop' of applications: use the same button to cycle through the applications in the loop.
* clear a fields text with a single swipe through the middle
* have a 'star' menu with your most used apps always on the 5-way navigator and the most recent apps handy below
* turn on onscreen graffiti when command bar comes up, turn off when it's gone
* when you go to app A, first visit app B (automatically) to enable a feature. When you leave app A, go to app B and disable the feature again.
* and soooo much more
What's New in This Release:
· bugfix: issue regarding the limit in app letter launching.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Palm OS 5.x
ShortCutz Palm OS utility that allows you to create links to applications that reside on the handheld's internal memory or on a storage card
OntheInside OntheInside will tell you the time, in 12 or 24 hour format, the date, as formatted by your device, and some system info
XMSwitchSet XMSwitchSet is an X-Master system extension that allows you to activate X-Master sets from any application