CellarDoor is a new offering in a long lineage of Interactive Fiction interpreters for PalmOS devices.
Based on the code of Fangorn's CliFrotz 1.6, CellarDoor maintains support for Z-Machine story files, while adding support for Glulx stories, as well as Z-Machine and Glulx stories wrapped in the Blorb file format (.zblorb and .gblorb files).
CliFrotz was based on the Frotz v2.43 interpreter. Frotz is an Interactive Fiction interpreter that plays Z-Machine (Infocom, Inform, Z-Code) games such as Zork and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. CliFrotz supported V1-V8 games and V6 MG1 graphics.
CellarDoor adds Glulx support via the Git interpreter (1.2) and uses a (rather) modified version of the CheapGlk library (0.9.0).
It supports JPEG and PNG graphics, if they are found in Blorb files. It requires a hi-res screen, OS4 or later, an expansion card and the large dynamic memory area available from OS4 onwards. If your handheld does not meet these requirements, you may want to try Frobnitz, PilotFrotz or Kronos.
- Fixed completely broken Notes from 1.1.0. Sorry about that.
- A couple of late-breaking bugs were slipstreamed into 1.1.0 in the first hour after it went live, dealing mostly with odd behavior during autosave/autoload of a few specific games. These fixes are incorporated in 1.1.1.
- Listed bug fix for 1.1.0 about landscape/portrait flipping is retracted. It's not fixed, and I don't know how to fix it. Yet.
- Updated docs.
What's New in This Release:
· Updated Glulx engine to Git 1.2.2, supporting @malloc and @mfree.
· Fixed several Glulx text positioning and drawing bugs.
· Fixed a minor bug in the Save form, whereby it was impossible to overwrite existing files.
· Resolved Tapwave Zodiac compatibility issues and fixed DIA open/close behavior.
· Resolved Sony Clie (OS4/5) compatibility issues and reduced memory requirements on OS4 devices.