PrettyMap Full - View maps of Earth and other planets with PrettyMap! See current day and night areas, learn geography with the quiz, enjoy 3D elevation surfaces, measure distances between locations and create your own maps with special places! PrettyMap lets you view vector and raster maps and images (such as country boundaries, world cities, rivers, satellite photos), search in geographically-referenced data, visualize and analyze spatial information, extend your knowledge, and edit your own simple maps. PrettyMap is a GIS program with the following features:
support for vector maps (points, lines, areas)
support for raster maps (terrain elevation and bathymetry, images, symbolic)
handles multi-attribute data associated with vector map objects
displays maps of various planets
free maps available:
political: country boundaries with country names, capitals, population sizes, ...
major cities with names, status, population ranks and classes, ...
USA states with areas, population sizes, males, females, age, marriage, race, and household statistics, ...
elevation data for Earth, Moon, Mars
and many more!
internet connection not required on your PDA
various color schemes for elevation maps
user-defined elevation colors
zoom range from whole planet to meters
shows day and night area, computes shadow length and sun/north orientation
multiple, configurable vector map layers
data search for vector map databases
versatile quiz with teacher mode for vector map databases
bar charts and color-by option for numeric features in vector map databases
relief and 3D elevation (DEM) view with vector map overlay
integrated user-defined locations (Points Of Interest) editor, stores notes and values for each POI
sessions to quickly save/restore program state
adjustable water level for elevation data
numerous settings to customize the program
Try before you buy! PrettyMap is a shareware with a 30-day evaluation period, then you have to register.
· 30 days trial
· smaller area where maps are displayed
· automatically exits after a few minutes of using PrettyMap
· the quiz limited to 6 questions
· no spheral elevation relief view
· no online weather reports and forecasts for user-defined locations
· user locations editor limited to 5 points per map; one user map open at a time
· inactive "containing" option in vector data search
What's New in This Release:
· slightly faster displaying of vector maps
· fixed drawing of some vector maps: objects are now again sorted by importance (this was a bug since v5.3)
· improved default color styles for labels on vector area maps
· usability enhancements
PrettyMap Basic View maps of Earth and other planets with PrettyMap! See day and night areas, learn geography, enjoy 3D elevation surfaces, measure distances and create your own maps with special places!