Pilot Aviation Dictionary (PAD) - PAD is a powerful "must have" tool for pilots, military, controllers, CFIs and aviation enthusiasts, that provides a listing of the most common terms, acronyms and information related to aviation.
· 2500 terms and codes, morse code, fluid & fuel information, NOTAMS, PIREPS, SNOWTAMS, ARTCC "Centers", aviation timeline, phonetic alphabet, standard atmosphere, v-speeds, VFR-IFR-RVSM cruising altitudes, METAR/TAF codes, weather codes, transponder codes, communication information, airport beacons, signal lights, VFR altitudes. Cloud base, speed, length, interpolation, & temperature calculation, printing and more.
What's New in This Release:
· New: PAD 3.01 has been certified as a "Palm Powered Solution" application!!
· Change: Morse Code and Phonetic Alphabet have been consolidated to one form and now support the use of hardware (or Jog Dial) scrolling
· Change: Done, Back, etc buttons have all been moved down 2 spaces for better spacing
· Change: Buttons on the Other Information (now [More]) screen have been stretched
· New: Fuel (Fluid) Information - show gasoline and weights of different liquids
· New: VFR (Oxygen) Criterion Altitudes - show various altitude requirements
· Change: Changed the order of resources for the METAR/TAF screen
· New: Added a quick METAR/TAF codes screen
· Change: The Done button on the records screen is now larger to easier clicking
· Change: The Code field is now a larger and bold font for easier viewing
· Change: There are now 12 records (instead of 11) shown per-screen on the main form
· Change: The Aviation Timeline feature has been enhanced, you can now use your hardware buttons to scroll from screen to screen, many dates have been added (updated)
· Fix: Palm OS 5.x support (tested on various Palm OS 5.x devices)
· Change: The NOTAM DB and PADDB have been combined into a single form for ease of use
· Fix: When a filter is used to view a term it will remember the last used filter
· Change: The table now has alternating row colors to help line-up terms on each line
· Change: The category for each term will now be displayed in the top left of the record
· New: Added FAR 91.21 (PEDs) to the Help Menu
· Change: The Calculator Icon has now been replaced with the [ + ] button
· Change: You can now access the Calculator or Other Information by using the menu
· Change: The V-Speed Table is now scrollable and has many new speeds added
· New: Added a simple (basic) RVSM table to the VFR-IFR Cruising Altitudes section
· Fix: Documentation has now been re-formatted so it can be printed correctly
· Change: PAD 3.x Icon has been redone to show correctly on older devices or in color
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Palm OS 4.x, Palm OS 5.x
Other Software by developer «Production Software»: