Pinger (BlackBerry) - Pinger lets you trade voice messages with anyone's mobile phone in over 20 countries. It's better than voicemail because there's no ringing or lengthy instructions. It's more personal than text because it's your own voice so there's no room to be misunderstood. Plus you can send a Pinger message to a group of people with just one call. Pinger is free and works on nearly any mobile phone around the world.
You can reply or forward Pinger voice messages at the press of a button. All the power and fun of a text messaging conversation, but with your own voice.
Why wouldn't I just use voicemail?
Sometimes all you want to do is send a personal message. You don't want to interrupt, and you don't want to waste mobile minutes listening to long greeting messages. With Pinger just say who you want to message and talk, no ringing or no lengthy prompts.
And just try using regular voice mail to send a group voice message to a bunch of people on different mobile phones. It's impossible without Pinger.
Why wouldn't I just send a text message?
Ever sent a text and it's been misunderstood? Ever wanted to say what you really mean in a text rather than just asking the question straight off?
Texting doesn't transmit your personality the way using your voice does, and it's limited to just 160 characters. Pinger messages can be up to 5 minutes long.
Is it free?
Yes-Pinger is free. Pinger does not charge anything to send or listen to messages. Your mobile phone provider's standard phone and messaging rates may apply, but using Pinger can help keep those wasted voicemail minutes to a minimum.
When would I use Pinger?
It's always a good time for a Pinger message - you send it when you want to and recipients listen and respond when they want. Since messages go right to their mobile phone, you know they'll get it immediately. Once you try it, you'll realize there are Pinger moments all day long:
* you need to check in with mum, but don't really want to talk to her live.
* you don't want to waste your mobile minutes listening to lengthy voicemail prompts.
* you need to speak to someone in a different time zone but aren't sure whether they'll be awake.
* you just saw David Beckham and need to tell everyone about it!
* maybe they are sleeping, in class, in the library or in a meeting and you don't want to interrupt them.
* perhaps you want to recite Shakespeare's sonnet to your loved one? That's more than 160 text characters long...
* singing Happy birthday down the phone to someone.
* ever phoned someone hoping they won't pick up so you can just leave a message?!
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
RIM BlackBerry OS 4.0, RIM BlackBerry OS 4.1, RIM BlackBerry OS 4.2, RIM BlackBerry OS 4.3, RIM BlackBerry OS 4.5, RIM BlackBerry OS 7.0, RIM BlackBerry OS 7.1