iPlayer is a Pocket PC freeware to browse and stream content from the BBC's iPlayer Features:
- Finger friendly UI including flick kinetic scrolling, swipe gestures and vibration feedback.
- Supports Nav Sensor and Stylus Removal (thanks koush)!
- Higher quality video/audio than Samsung User Agent hack (483x272 h.264 video stream).
- Browse content by Highlights, Popular, Channel, Category or Date.
- Search for content and save history.
- Checks for latest version of player and AppToDate support.
- Downloads video to device for later viewing (I download at home over wifi and then watch videos on the tube on the way to work).
- Video launched in your default player associated with '.mov' files (I use CorePlayer).
This app works by impersonating an iPhone to access an unprotected mp4 file and then patching the index to allow immediate playback. Many thanks to the people who discovered this technique - see readme.txt for credits and further explanation. Note that this is in no way sanctioned by the BBC.
Downloads videos to the installation folder so highly recommended that you install to Internal Storage. This is obviously a very data intensive application so I would recommend using over wi-fi or with an unlimited data plan.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows Mobile 6 Classic, Windows Mobile 6 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.1 Classic, Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
Zynpo Image Browser - Free Zynpo Image Browser allows you to browse images on your phone or on the web using a unique 2D scrolling panel
ImageViewer A nice tool to view images stored on your device. Load a bunch of images and step through them manually or automatically
SmugMug Viewer The easiest and most beautiful way to browse your SmugMug pictures. Choose a gallery, click a thumbnail, and then flip through your pictures by sliding your finger left or right, or pinch to zoom