MobileHomeCam - To run MobileHomeCam you will need:
- a WebCam connected to your PC, which must have .NET Framework 1.1 installed
- a small program, available from the website, making said PC into a server
- port 1024 (by default) of your firewall open on your PC (or router)
- to connect your Pocket PC (you'll need .NET Compact Framework for Pocket PC 2002) and PC to the Internet
- the MobileHomeCam program on your Pocket PC
- to edit the user.xml file in the setup directory on your Pocket PC.
You'll need to enter the IP address of your PC.
Once everything is configured, you can use the Pocket PC to view what is being recorded on your web cam with the help of two buttons: "Get Image" which takes a photo and "Loop" which automatically takes a photo every one or two seconds.
Ignoring the fact that you need to manually edit the user.xml file, 3 major flaws still exist:
- you need to know the IP of the PC. Not easy to know if you are moving around and don't have a fixed IP!
- the Pocket PC must be connectly directly to the Internet. So, you can't use an ActiveSync "Pass Through" connection on a seperate PC
- it won't work on a local network: the two machines, PC & PPC must have different Internet connections.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Pocket PC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0
SmartCam SmartCam turns a mobile phone with Bluetooth and camera into a handy webcam ready to use with your PC
Lou Traffic Louisville Traffic Tracker is your one-tap app for immediate, live traffic information. Get the latest traffic reports and view traffic cams for Louisville, Kentucky and Indiana from WHAS11.com
Hampton Roads Traffic Hampton Roads traffic app gives you traffic cams covering major highways in the Norfolk area, accident alerts from VDOT - the Virginia Department of Transportation, weather conditions, and traffic