MobileHomeCam - To run MobileHomeCam you will need:
- a WebCam connected to your PC, which must have .NET Framework 1.1 installed
- a small program, available from the website, making said PC into a server
- port 1024 (by default) of your firewall open on your PC (or router)
- to connect your Pocket PC (you'll need .NET Compact Framework for Pocket PC 2002) and PC to the Internet
- the MobileHomeCam program on your Pocket PC
- to edit the user.xml file in the setup directory on your Pocket PC.
You'll need to enter the IP address of your PC.
Once everything is configured, you can use the Pocket PC to view what is being recorded on your web cam with the help of two buttons: "Get Image" which takes a photo and "Loop" which automatically takes a photo every one or two seconds.
Ignoring the fact that you need to manually edit the user.xml file, 3 major flaws still exist:
- you need to know the IP of the PC. Not easy to know if you are moving around and don't have a fixed IP!
- the Pocket PC must be connectly directly to the Internet. So, you can't use an ActiveSync "Pass Through" connection on a seperate PC
- it won't work on a local network: the two machines, PC & PPC must have different Internet connections.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Pocket PC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0
MobileCamViewer Basic MobileCamViewer Basic - Watch live webcams and security cameras anytime/anywhere on your cell phone. Remote monitoring with touch of a button. High ROI, save time and money. Helps to keep environment green.
Provides peace of mind and business intelligence at all times
Mobiola Web Camera Turns your camera-enabled mobile phone into high-quality PC webcamera!
Works via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB.
Screen Capture feature allows your device screen be demonstrated on PC in real-time
Now you can use cool video effects!
Compatible with Skype, Yahoo, YouTube, MSN, AOL IM, ICQ and many other applications and services
Cascades Camera Free Cascades Camera Free - Easily view webcams in the Washington Cascades. Perfect for hikers and skiers: never miss a sunny day in the mountains again!
* Access over 25 cameras in the Cascades and Olympics, from the North Cascades National Park all the way south to Mt St Helens.
* Pick a general area, then swipe left or right to look at all the cameras there
monitorBee Demo monitorBee Demo - monitorBee app offers secure and innovative mobile surveillance alive on your smartphone. Demo version - up to 1 camera Compatible with widest range of ip security cameras, DVR and NVR
BeachCam Cancun BeachCam Cancun - Beachcam is the first series of apps that allows you to travel to the most important beach cities without moving! Every application features a brief description of the city, a set of real time webcams, that will show you the best places and monuments, and real time weather conditions
Lou Traffic Louisville Traffic Tracker is your one-tap app for immediate, live traffic information. Get the latest traffic reports and view traffic cams for Louisville, Kentucky and Indiana from WHAS11.com
WorldCam Viewer .NET WorldCam Viewer .NET is a webcam viewer that allows you to pull in live images over the Internet from any standard webcam. Just enter the URL into the address bar and WorldCam will display the image and refresh it at a rate of your choosing
Sydney Traffic Live-Info This is a Live traffic app that gives updates in the form of feeds for inner, south, west & north Sydney