GPS.NET is a formerly commercial .NET component maintained by GeoFrameworks, LLC from 2004 to 2009. In 2009, Jon Person decided to release the full source code of GPS.NET to the public domain for the benefit of the open source development community. This version (3.0) is the latest release. The purpose of this framework is to deliver intuitive real-time GPS functionality with minimal effort for all possible computers, mobile devices and NMEA-compliant GPS devices.
· Automatic detection of serial GPS devices (or devices found via a virtual serial port).
· Automatic detection of Bluetooth devices (when using the Microsoft Bluetooth stack.)
· Support for newer devices using the QualComm GPS chipset (namely, HTC devices such as the TyTn II, P3300 and AT&T Tilt)
· Automatic baud rate detection.
· Automatic recovery of lost connections.
· A single code base which supports .NET Framework 2.0/3.x and .NET Compact Framework 2.0/3.x.
· Advanced GPS precision via Kalman filtering.
· Support for desktops and mobile devices.
· Support for the GPS Intermediate Driver on Windows Mobile 5.0+
· Support for real-time GPS data without relying on Microsoft's GPS API.
· Support for control and monitoring of precision.
· A set of animated gauge controls for desktops and mobile devices (Altimeter, Compass, Speedometer, SatelliteViewer, SatelliteSignalBar).
What's New in This Release:
· This release contains stability and performance improvements as well as many bug fixes. It also adds support for Visual Studio 2010 and .Net 4.0.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows Mobile 6 Classic, Windows Mobile 6 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.1 Classic, Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional
TouchUI TouchUI - This sample will help you build great looking and touch-enabled user interfaces for Windows Mobile and Windows phone (using compact framework).
· Be able to do whatever you want (i.e. no graphical restrictions)
· Run on all devices with WinMo5 or later (incl. WinPhone 6
Siccolo Siccolo-Engineered to help you extend your support from mobile devices for
Microsoft SQL Servers, Siccolo mobile management tool is a portable administration tool for Microsoft SQL Server.
It enables database administrators to manage their SQL Server environments using a Windows Mobile device such as a cell phone or PDA
Funky Matrix Funky Matrix - Developed by Taras Banakh
Mobile version of Funky Matrix allows limited capabilities in:
1. Create and maintain detailed information about Functional Requirements to software projects
2. Automatically create a Functionality Matrix
3. Estimate the Developer Person Days/Weeks for a Development effort prior to Design phase on the project
Nebo DevInfo Nebo DevInfo - The Nebo DevInfo tool is designed to help .NET Compact Framework developers to better understand the interaction between the Compact Framework and the Windows Mobile device. This tool shows various settings exposed by .NET and the Windows Mobile API
Instant Mobile Website Creation Instant Mobile Website Creation - Software for Instant Mobile Website Creation. Download this free software and create an unlimited number of mobile websites and be part of the mobile revolution that takes place on the internet right now. The software allows you to produce as many pages and subpages as you like
StudyBuilder Enterprise Edition StudyBuilder Enterprise Edition is for groups of study designers who wish to work on the same study simultaneously, build custom question and/or study libraries or integrate data collection tools into existing systems. The software runs on computers running Microsoft Windows 95 /98 /2000 /2003 /ME /NT /TabletPC /XP
JWMD ExceptionBox An ExceptionBox (window) for applications in case something went wrong
Convhex Convhex - A very easy, intuitive, and graphical base converter. Features Copy & Paste functionality, as well as an "Exit" button to conveniently close the application. Performs the conversions in real-time as you enter the values, and uses large buttons, so you're not limited to th..
Ascii table 7 This is a simple ascii table for Windows Phone 7. You can convert decimals to characters and vice versa
ScriptingAndAi ScriptingAndAi - Demonstrative sample written in f# based on the book: Friendly F # (Fun with game programming) illustrates
an artificial intelligence written entirely with a scripting language built into f#
Other Software by developer «Jon Person»:
GPS Diagnostics 1.0 GPS Diagnostics 1.0 - These are the problems which users typically face when they're trying to get their GPS device to work:
1. Users' Windows Mobile 5.0+ devices frequently have incorrect GPS Intermediate Driver settings.
2. Users are unaware that Bluetooth is turned off, or do not know how to configure a virtual serial port for their GPS device.
Built using GPS
GeoFramework GeoFramework - This project was formerly a commercial library maintained by the company "GeoFrameworks" for two components it sold (GPS.NET and GIS.NET) from 2004 to 2009. In 2009, Jon Person decided to release the source code for this library in order to assist the open source community