Introducing WebMAN: Mount and Download Games From Any Web Browser - PS3 plugins are taking the scene by storm. Fresh after his last release, deank has dropped by with yet another small add-on. This one gives your PS3 some web server capabilities!
While the PS3 plugin scene is still quite young, deank has made a pretty solid first attempt at doing it right. In addition to his previous FTP plugin, this one acts as a web server. With it, you can access the contents of your console's hard drive from the comfort of any mobile or computer web browser. Once there you can even download backups and mount them without the need for multiMAN at all. Mount ISOs from a smartphone? It's possible with this tiny file.
NOTE: It needs VSH PRXLoader 1.0 to launch.
* Basic WEB server on port 80 with two modes (folder_browse and game_browse)
* Supports browsing all folders on your PS3 (from your PC, iPhone or Android)
* Supports binary downloads (I reached 9MB/s, so a bit faster than the ftp plugin)
* Supports text/html, text/plain, application/octet-stream, image/png and image/jpeg
* Runs along ftp_server.sprx if both are loaded by PRXLOADER by @user
* In "Game Browse" mode you can click the game name to browse the game folder or click the game icon to mount the game (mount not implemented yet)
Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.
I just uploaded a small website to my PS3 and I can browse it perfectly. Added support for cascade-sheets (.css), .gif and .htm/.html files so everything works great.
It supports mounting games now:
I just switched games with my android without loading mM!
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.