Here's something to make your life a little bit easier: Orb Networks proudly announced today that its pet application can now be used by PS3 owners. Whoa! Hold it right there - what application? In case you're so bent on cracking that feisty Blu-Ray format and haven't been paying attention to every other developments, the Orb application serves as a bridge between the home PC and TV sets so that users can view and share all their digital files.
Also, users now can turn their PC into a personal broadcasting system as well as build and organize their own "channels" for their music, photos, video, TV, documents and other extras. We all know that Sony, being its usual self, does not allow this kind of
thingamajie with its different products. According to Orb Networks CEO Joe Castello:
The beauty of Orb is that works with any device, with a streaming media player and an Internet connection, so once we developed the pathway to connect the PC to the TV through the gaming console the rest was easy. The ability to watch videos and listen to music through Orb from your PC directly to your TV has been an eye-opener for people.
On a little side note, this same application has also been announced for the Wii a couple of weeks ago. Costello added that their decision to bring the application to the PS3 was brought about by the quick and positive response from Nintendo Wii users. So how exactly does Orb works with the PS3? Just follow these two simple steps after downloading the file below:
1. Turn on your TV and pen the Web browser on your PS3.
2. Using your controller, log onto your Orb account through PS3 at mycast.orb.com. That's it. Now enjoy, watch and listen to any digital content on your home PC - videos, music, Internet TV and radio or any other online content you programmed in your Orb MyCast application: they are now all airing on your TV screen.
Finally, to be able to enjoy the application's full functionality, you must have these few things first:
* Windows XP (SP2) or Windows XP-Media Center Edition (2004 or 2005)
* AMD Athlon 3200+ processor or 2.4Ghz Intel Pentium* IV processor or equivalent (a slower processor may cause "stuttering" when streaming TV or videos)
* 512MB of RAM
* Broadband connection
* 100MB available disk space
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
PimpStreamer DLNA Remember that PimpStreamer DLNA by homebrew developer DickyDick1969 which allows users to share files across DLNA-equipped systems such as the Sony PlayStation 3? A new build is now available to bring PimpStreamer DLNA to version 1
Comments on Orb:
Date: 14 Jun 12
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.