Psykosis JB to ISO Mass Conversion
Klahjn of PSX-Scene has made what he feels is a better way to convert your JB-format games into ISOs. Check it out here!
Since the launch of Cobra custom firmware, most PS3 users have indulged in converting their JB folder format games to the much simpler ISO structure. At its heart, this Psykosis mass conversion tool allows you to covert several JB backups to ISO at once. This particular mod works beyond the regular GenPS3ISO code to provide for such luxuries as Game List creation, less rigid program rules, and the ability to automatically schedule conversions as needed. Check out more details below!
This is my modified version of the ps3 mass jbfolder to iso converter using genps3iso v2.4. I love the program, but wanted to make it faster for me, so I redesigned the UI.
Changes- Update Mar/20/2014 (V0.8i)
- Changed the UI Slightly
- Automatic IRD usage, ird file has to be same name as jb folder for it to work currently
- If IRD file isn't found, proceeds with normal conversion.
- Removed .iso extension to game list
- Fixed a small but for null entry at menu
- Cleaned up the code a little bit
- Added some comments for easier editing
- Some hardcoded references changed to variables
- Removal of code not being used or implemented (This is ongoing as dev goes on)
- Minor Tweaks and Fixes
- Version number changed (multiple runs/builds/changes puts version to 0.8i
- Additional fixes for ascii typing
- Changed console size to fit UI better
- Changed some timeout variables to fine tune a bit.
Took me quite a bit. Had the option for dry run, but wasn't running properly. May add later. Important that ird files must have the same name as the folder you are converting (ie: C:irdwarhawk.ird & C:c2isowarhawk will result in an ird generated C:ps3isowarhawk.iso)
This provided you've set everything correctly :) ~
Hope you enjoy :) ~
- I changed it so the variables can be changed and the app isn't forced on the desktop.
- I removed the error log, added the logo.
- I modified all the variables so they can be edited at the beginning of the bat file
- Most of the settings can be modified from the UI
- If all settings are correctly set, the bypass can be run just by double click.
- If correctly configured and combined with a scheduled task, this can be used to make an autoconvert folder.... ;D
- I've added a "create games list" function.
- Replaced all the pauses with timeouts so that there is no hiccup in program operation, and it can be completely automated
- changed the color of the console text
- changed name of title, program, variables.
- Moved the code around, and removed a few sections.
- Updated for genps3iso v2.4
I call it: psykosis JB to ISO Mass Conversion v0.03a
What I want to add:
- Update script option
- All variables able to be changed in UI
- IRD scans
- Auto IRD usage
- Patching premade ISO
- Updating genps3iso
- Shortcut generation w/in batch (as an option in UI)
- Save settings, Import/Export Settings from registry/ini (preferably with a switch so both can be implemented)
- Auto generate scheduled task to make automated iso conversion
This is v0.3a of the script.
Let me know what you think?
THIS PROGRAM AND ITS SOURCE CODE ARE FREE TO MODIFY AND USE UNDER THE GPL LICENSE. - Vic
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
( A LOT OF EFFORT WAS PUT INTO THE DESIGN AND TESTING OF THIS APP TO INSURE RESULTS BUT THE SAME APPLIES AS ALL OTHER APPS, USE OF THIS APP IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. )
*MAKE SURE TO UNZIP THE FOLDER TO YOUR DESKTOP AND IT IS NOT A FOLDER INSIDE OF ANOTHER FOLDER, IT SHOULD BE ONE SINGLE FOLDER WITH ALL FILES INSIDE.
HOW TO USE THE PROGRAM:
- Designed for windows 7, Not sure if it will run properly on any other windows systems.
- Do not rename any files
- Do not rename folder
- PS3 GAME (RIP-TO-ISO) MASS Converter - folder must be placed on your Desktop in order to work.
Simply put the PS3 GAME (RIP-TO-ISO) MASS Converter folder on your desktop and drag your game directory that holds all your PS3 rips on top of the CONVERT_TO_ISO.bat file and follow directions. If you need to stop the program at anytime for whatever reason just click close on the program box. Make sure not to forget to go into the directory after manually stopping the program and delete the partially generated iso file.
*ANY OPTIONS SELECTED WILL NOT TAKE EFFECT UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN A CHANCE TO REVIEW AND FINALIZE YOUR OPTIONS.
ANY ISO'S YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY IN A FOLDER WITH GAME RIPS WETHER GENERATED WITH THIS PROGRAM OR NOT WILL NOT BE GENERATED AGAIN IF YOU RUN THE PROGRAM AGAIN IT WILL SEE YOU HAVE THAT ISO ALREADY AND SKIP CREATING IT AND IF DELETE OPTION IS ON IT WILL ALSO SKIP THE DELETION OF THE GAME RIP FOLDER IF STILL AVAILABLE.
HOPE THIS MAKES THINGS EASIER FOR EVERYBODY.
!!!BIG THANKS GOES TO TEAM COBRA!!!