It seems like the proverbial tide of homebrew games have slowly started to wash in and three new entries for the upcoming NeoFlash Spring Compo 2008 have been spotted. The new titles in question include Tanos' Look Out v0.7, MitchellJm's Paper Battle v1.0, and Kagato's Bumper Harvest.
These PlayStation Portable homebrew games have their own casual themes inserted into their respective gameplay and feature some very addictive elements that should keep you glued to your PSP. Before you start downloading them and trying them out for yourselves, here are a couple of notes regarding each game:
Look Out v0.70 NeoFlash Edition
- New version adds support for custom firmware 3.xx.
- New movement option using the analog stick.
- Lua-based game whose objective is to reach the other side of the screen while avoiding multiple bullets.
Paper Battle v1.0
- Includes compatibility for either custom firmware 1.5 or 3.xx. Download the appropriate archive of the game according to the firmware running on your handheld.
- Lua-based game where two players take turns shooting forces on opposite ends of the field until there is one last man standing.
- Based on a popular casual game on the PC
- Current version is a self contained app using LuaPlayer 0.20 and compatible with custom firmware 1.5.
- PSP Slim not supported.
- Includes stand alone Lua version which may work with the PSP Slim.
- Lua-based game similar to pinball, where hitting all the bumpers on the board allows you to move to the next level.
Please make sure to read the related documentation which go with any of the three games. We hope you enjoy this smorgasboard of homebrew titles and keep coming back to QJ.NET for more homebrew titles for the PSP.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Chong Tired of the same 'ol Pong? Aren't we all! But don't despair, Chong ain't your daddy's Pong! Thanks to forum newcomer Tromedlov we can enjoy a Pong meant for the new millenium!
Gunfor v1.2 LatentDev (AKA Ace High) released a quick update on the Gunfor homebrew game from the other day
Console Shooter Console Shooter is basically a game where you shoot other consoles for points
EarthInvasion EarthInvasion is a game I have been working on when I was bored, it's a while ago when I started so the code is a bit messy this makes it difficult for me to add more features but I will try it!
HabboPSP Are you guys familiar with Habbo Hotel? Basically, it's a casual MMO video game that incorporates chat elements
KETM PSP Here's the latest version of the homebrew port that is sure to leave your fingers aching! Kill Everything that Moves was ported by Deniska and is a great 2D aerial scroller, very much in the same vein as the arcade classic 1941
BlockSnake You'll probably want to check out BlockSnake if you're into PSP homebrew games