CSPSP - Among other updates, the latest build of this Counterstrike-inspired homebrew game includes the addition of grenades, a grid partitioning system to optimize collision detection, and a pathfinding system for the bots.
Here are the rest of the changes that have been implemented (quoting the readme):
* Fixed a bug in the server list pinging code
* Map files are now deleted if the download is cancelled before completing
* (prevents crashes when trying to redownload the same map)
* Fixed a bug that prevented properly putting the PSP in sleep mode while the game was running
* Implemented grenades (you can only carry one grenade at a time though)
* Added the highlighted gun's image and cost to the buy menu
* Implemented a simple decal system for blood and explosion marks
* Implemented a grid partitioning system to optimize collision detection
* (larger, more complicated maps don't slow down as much now)
* Fixed a bug that made the remaining ammo count after reloading inaccurate
* Made the camera less jerky during variations in frames per second
* Added a map check that gives an error message when the map and the server's map don't match
* (this should also catch half downloaded maps that would have otherwise crashed the game)
* Fixed a bug in the knife collision check when more than two players were in contact
* Redid a lot of the bot code (they should now detect when they get stuck and try to move away)
* Implemented A* pathfinding (bots can actually find each other now instead of moving randomly)
* Made waypoints optional (bots won't move on maps without waypoints)
* Fixed a few other bugs
Nataku92 further notes that the online portion of this game build will only run on PSPs with custom firmware 3.xx. To install the game, copy the CSPSP folder to your PSP/GAME folder (not the PSP/GAME150). The developer is also releasing version 1.1 the CSPSP Server, a server application designed to work with CSPSP v1.56. You will need to have Microsoft .NET Framework installed to run it on your PC.
Full details on installing and running CSPSPServer and CSPSP are available in the readme included with the bundle.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Smack Yoyomacy from our forums has just unveiled his latest PSP project and amongst all the custom firmwares, PSX emulator related applications and media managers you may have forgotten what homebrew is best for
Helicopter Game clone v2 Nielkie's at it again, and this time he's posted a brand new version of his highly-addictive Helicopter Game Clone, which he now lovingly refers to as The Super Special Awesome Helicopter Game Version 2
Wolfenstein 3D Download the latest version of Wolfenstein 3D [Click Here]Finally, Zack's PSP port of id Software's Wolfenstein 3D has hit the big five-point-oh
Wolfenstein 3D Download the latest version of Wolfenstein 3D [Click Here]PSP homebrew coder Zack is back and he's got the latest update for his Wolfenstein3D port for the handheld
LUA WildSniper Montrob from the forums has updated released his LUA game WildSniper to version 1
Containment Now here's a nice hefty release from homebrew developer Sp3ct0r
1945 Sidescroller A dude named Shiftybill has made a sidescrolling shooter game in Lua script called 1945
Shoot4Fun The NeoFlash Spring Coding Competition 2007 is off to a great start with great entries from the homebrew community
Shoot the Warriors In a nut shell, Shoot the Warriors is a, well, a shooting game with the objective of gunning down objects that appear on the screen. Your speed and accuracy is being tested in this game as the objects disappear after some time