Homebrew coder Weltall has dropped a new revision of CWCheat on the QJ.NET PSP Development Forums. CWCheat is a prx that lets PSP users enable cheats for Devhook-compatible games under firmware emulation.
According to the Weltall, this revision is geared mainly towards cheat searching. The memory editor is now more flexible and a new text searcher that allows the user to search for case or non-case sensitive text of up to 30 characters in ASCII/UNICODE/ASCII+UNICODE.
Here's the full changelog for CWCHEAT v0.1.8 Rev A:
* [ALL] now there is an header with the index (addr, +byte, ASCII) in the memory editor
* [ALL] now it's possible to choose if ASCII should be shown on screen in the memory editor with ASCII ENABLE = 0/1 in the CWCHEAT.INI/CWCHEATPOPS.INI
* [ALL] now it's possible to choose the number of bytes shown on screen in the memory editor (0-13 with ASCII enabled, 0-17 with ASCII disabled)with MEMEDIT BYTES= # where # is the number of bytes
* [ALL] added checks in the memory editor for the starting adress to avoid going out of range
* [ALL] added effectively L/R scrolling support in the memory editor. they will scroll of -/+ 0e10000
* 0000017 [ALL] added a simple text insertion method which you can navigate with LEFT/RIGHT and change text with UP/DOWN. Middle dots are considered end of line, everything modified after then will be discarded.
* 0000017 [ALL] Now it's possible to edit cheat names. To do so press R TRIGGER + CROSS while selecting the cheat name you want to change. To discard changes press O (or X if you swapped buttons) and to confirm changes press X (or O if you swapped buttons)
* [ALL] now the cheat search menu will allow the user to press UP when selecting the first option to get to the latest one and vice-versa (just like most of the other menus)
* [ALL] new options in the cheat search menu: start text search and continue cheat search. They are meant to start and continue a search for a text
* 0000017 [ALL] Added a text search system. It supports up to 30 chars, and can search ASCII/UNICODE/ASCII+UNICODE encoding and can be case sensitive/insensitive
* [ALL] The text search system can autosense if it has to make Unicode or ASCII codes (Unicode codes skips the second byte). A code line is made for each char and the current char is copied as value.
* [ALL] changed the space used by the db reading functions to < = 128kb (this space is allocated during boot up and freed after that)
As usual, please read the included readme file for installation and usage instructions.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
PSP Game Structure Utility We know how much of a hassle it is to scroll around your XMB just to access a certain homebrew game, application, or (your latest little gem) Daedalus R9
CMC Gameplay Video #2 Not only do the aliens that abducted Sonny, Cher, Ike and Tina have a strange penchant for 1970's game shows (but that's just my opinion,who knows maybe it's a norm for extra terrestrials) they also want you dead
CheatMaster *UPDATE* Egads and smokes! That was so fast, we almost didn't even catch it! The homebrew application is now updated to CheatMaster v0
WTF: Work Time Fun (US) All Games and Tools PSP Saved Game Installation:Unzip this file then Copy and Paste the folder into your SAVEDATA folder on your PSP (accessible by: My Computer > Removable Disk > PSP > SAVEDATA)