With the help of Dark_Alex and Mathieulh, the Noobz team have released a Homebrew Enabler for firmware 2.80!
The Noobz team (with help from Mathieulh and Dark_Alex) have just announced and released an improved version of Dark_Alex's 2.80 downgrader with 2.80 HEN support as well! Previously HEN was only usable on firmware 2.71, but the Noobz team have worked their magic and ported it to firmware 2.80! So, a downgrader and a homebrew enabler in one announcement, what a nice present!
Apparently a lot of people have been bugging for a stable, secure and easy downgrader for 2.80 firmware. Well, the Noobz team never ceases to impress us and has released just that! Using the recent 2.80 downgrader and the generic downgrader from Dark_Alex, the team has been able to create the "best" 2.80 downgrader! The great part about this downgrader is the fact that it uses the original 1.50 eboot file in order to downgrade, which will decrease the hassle of obtaining the 1.50 dump files. For all those TA-082 and TA-086 users, this downgrader will still work on your PSP's!
The Noobz team have also bundled a new homebrew enabler for the 2.80 firmware, even though the last one was only on 2.71. 2.80 HEN will allow users that are afraid of downgrader to execute homebrew on their 2.80 firmware (TA-082/86 supported). There's always a risk in downgrading if you do not follow the instructions, so please follow these instructions if you plan on downgrading -
1. Install the HEN files, by following the details in the readme.txt file.
2. Test that HEN is working fine, by running one of the bundled sample applications - e.g. the cube demo.
3. If you have a TA-082 or TA-086 PSP, run the "TA082 IdStorage Changer", via HEN, to patch your registry before downgrading.
4. Get a copy of the v1.5 upgrade EBOOT (e.g. from here) and copy it to the /psp/game/UPDATE/ folder on your memory stick, as UPDATE.PBP.
5. Start the"PSP Update ver X.YZ" program via HEN, and follow the instructions.
6. Congratulations, you now have a v1.5 PSP! :D
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
PSNKiller Homebrew coder KiNgOfUnIvErS has released the initial version of PsnKiller, a handy homebrew plugin that allows you to access the online play of certain titles on PSN without having to use the official firmware, just like Red Hate's PSNABLER
Comments on Homebrew Enabler (HEN) for Firmware 2.80:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Homebrew Enabler (HEN) for Firmware 2.80 supports it