This is mainly a maintenance release with a few bug fixes. It also adds a new feature to support homebrews to use extra slim memory.
New Features for PSP Slim:
- Added support to homebrews that are built with the option PSP_LARGE_MEMORY, that is, to use the extra slim memory. When running these homebrews under iR Shell, they will have access to another 26MB slim RAM. Pls note 2MB of slim RAM is reserved for iR Shell.
- Enhance the HTML Viewer (originally developed by Dark_AleX) to use the extra slim memory. These should help to reduce "Not enough memory" message when accessing larger web contents. The HTML Viewer can be accessed via predefined homebrew #1 icon.
- Some homebrews weren't correctly recognized by iR Shell and application names were displayed as garbage.
- When setting np9660 mode in iR Configurator, some homebrews failed to launch.
- Launching PS1 games via popsloader wasn't working properly.
- Copying a large file from ms0: to nethost0: will crash the system.
Special thanks to:
- Osgeld for spending so much effort in resurrecting irshell.org.
- Dark_AleX for the M33 custom firmwares and his assistance to help adding popsloader support.
- Tyranid and other developers in ps2dev.org for creating the pspsdk.
- Osgeld, StoneCut, F34R and other moderators who keep irshell.org running and providing technical support to the community.
- All iR Shell beta testers, donators, skins & plugin contributors.
- M33 Custom firmware & popsloader are developed by Dark_AleX/M33.
- remotejoy & usbhostfs are developed by Tyranid.
- iR Shell bundled skins & plugins are developed by their corresponding authors.
- iR Shell Manual & FAQs are written by StoneCut.
This is only an update. Unzip the archive and merge to the previous v4.7 release.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
JPCSP The JPCSP Team has released a new version of their Java-based PlayStation Portable emulator for PC, bumping it to r2238
Artillery Shell 0.2 Blue2k from our forums has just released the updated version of his awesome shell, Artillery
Bitmap Hunter Hi Guys,Bitmap Hunter is a homebrew program for Sony PSP designed to hunt,and directly edit monochrome or 256 colour bitmaps within firmware files for electronic devicesso they can be user customised
PSPHUGO Hi All,For those who haven't seen previous version Hu-Go is a famous emulator of NEC PC Engine console, running on many system such as Linux and Windows
DaedalusX64 SVN r724 Here's the latest build of DaedalusX64, the ever-popular Nintendo 64 emulator for the PlayStation Portable
JPCSP Here's the latest revision JPCSP, the Java-based PlayStation Portable emulator project for PC