This is mainly a maintenance release with a few bug fixes. It also adds a new feature to support homebrews to use extra slim memory.
New Features for PSP Slim:
- Added support to homebrews that are built with the option PSP_LARGE_MEMORY, that is, to use the extra slim memory. When running these homebrews under iR Shell, they will have access to another 26MB slim RAM. Pls note 2MB of slim RAM is reserved for iR Shell.
- Enhance the HTML Viewer (originally developed by Dark_AleX) to use the extra slim memory. These should help to reduce "Not enough memory" message when accessing larger web contents. The HTML Viewer can be accessed via predefined homebrew #1 icon.
- Some homebrews weren't correctly recognized by iR Shell and application names were displayed as garbage.
- When setting np9660 mode in iR Configurator, some homebrews failed to launch.
- Launching PS1 games via popsloader wasn't working properly.
- Copying a large file from ms0: to nethost0: will crash the system.
Special thanks to:
- Osgeld for spending so much effort in resurrecting irshell.org.
- Dark_AleX for the M33 custom firmwares and his assistance to help adding popsloader support.
- Tyranid and other developers in ps2dev.org for creating the pspsdk.
- Osgeld, StoneCut, F34R and other moderators who keep irshell.org running and providing technical support to the community.
- All iR Shell beta testers, donators, skins & plugin contributors.
- M33 Custom firmware & popsloader are developed by Dark_AleX/M33.
- remotejoy & usbhostfs are developed by Tyranid.
- iR Shell bundled skins & plugins are developed by their corresponding authors.
- iR Shell Manual & FAQs are written by StoneCut.
This is only an update. Unzip the archive and merge to the previous v4.7 release.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
PokeMini Want to play some Pokemon Mini ROMs on your PSP? Check out this newly updated emulator!
DaedalusX64 SVN r727 DaedalusX64 SVN r727
The DaedalusX64 team has published the latest build of their Nintendo 64 emulator project for the PlayStation Portable
The JPCSP Team has released a new version of their Java-based PlayStation Portable emulator for PC, bumping it to r2238. What's new in the latest build?
sceKernelCreateVpl: new attribute 0x200 discovered by Raziel in "N.O.V.A. - NPEZ00222". Meaning of attribute still unknown
Wii Shell Notes from CoDnX:Hello all,Here is an update of my homebrew "Wii Shell" which goes v0