These homebrew geniuses really work fast. Three days after releasing v0.0.7 of his PMP VLC, jockywoo2001 is back with v0.0.8. To those whose hearing about this great application for the first time, let me brief you on PMP VLC's capabilities. Running on a lot of platforms - Linux, Windows, and Mac - jockywoo2001's app plays media files from the memory stick (video from PSP/VIDEO and music from PSP/MUSIC), from Optixx's PMP Server via WiFI (Python required), and those transcoded and stremed from VLC v0.8.5 (required) via WiFi.
Jockywoo2001 brags that the last one is something that makes this application "really new". As he explains, "You can now play mediafiles on your PSP which are stored on your PC, with no need to first manually transcode and copy them to memstick.... The transcoding is done by VLC in real time (that is if your PC is fast enough.... The PMP VLC client controls your VLC server: you can open a file for playback, pause, stop and seek (forward, rewind) it. Streaming protocol is http via tcp."
Now the latest version has a few improvements that will make PMP VLC fans and new users happy. DVD and (S)VCD treaming from PC to PSP has been added. Music in PMP server mode can now be played in original format without the need for transcoding. Also, left trigger in main screen toggles between PMP server and VLC server. There are now separate entries in pmp.ini for ip and port for VLC and PMP server.
This latest version of PMP VLC Player uses the latest ffmpeg ogg routines and can now use mp3 in OGG container. Also new in this app is the network connection diagnostic info.
Take note as well, that VLC 0.8.5 is required to run this program; ergo, location of pspfiles.hyml have been changed. Hence, here ar the new installation procedures:
1) Install VLC 0.8.5 on your PC (get the download below). If you have a older version uninstall it and make sure to delete preferences and cache.
2) On Windows, create a shortcut to vlc.exe where target looks like this:
"D:Program FilesVideoLANVLCvlc.exe" --extraintf=http --sout-transcode-fps 25.0000
(note that your path may be different from jockywoo2001's).
On other platforms make sure that vlc is strated with the parameters:
--extraintf=http --sout-transcode-fps 25.0000
3) Copy VLC/pspfiles.html to D:ProgramFilesVideoLANVLChttpoldadmin
4) Rename or remove the file .access if it exists in D:Program FilesVideoLANVLChttpoldadmin (it allows for password access control which the author does not currently support).
5) Copy the PMP VLC binaries to your PSP (/PSP/GAME/PMPVLC008_JockyW and PMPVLC008_JockyW%)
6) Edit pmp.ini and copy it to /PSP/GAME/PMPVLC008_JockyW
For more info on the PMP VLC Player, just click here. Or you can always open the README file included in the download; it's been tidied by the way for easy reading.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.