Homebrew developer Playboy has decided to join the PSP Homebrew Idol contest with Playboy's Shooter. This top-down shooter has players piloting a ship as they take down different enemies.
Playboy's Shooter offers different ships, each with its own specific characteristics such as handling and speed. In addition, each ship has its own unique "bullet" which dictates the kind of firepower the ship is packing. The developer also came out with a "change-log" for the program which details all the improves that were made from the unreleased version 0.5 of the application:
* Added ship choose menu (four ships)
* New bullets and added different speeds for each ship.
* Changed the up-pause button to make it easier to resume the game.
* Added a new level.
* Added power-ups to make it easier to complete the level.
* Fixed a bug which caused the psp to freeze.
* Added a few asteroids to the background.
* New XMB style menu.
* Added a scrolling like credits.
* Added a start screen.
* Added a loading screen.
* Fixed a freeze bug by preloading all the images.
* Added a score system.
* Added menu scroll sounds.
* Added a gameover image.
* Added a simple nickname display in the main menu.
If you plan on downloading the application be sure to go over the readme file included for the full installation instructions and controls of the program.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Ascii Attackers from Hell v1.1 (1.50) Remember that sweet homebrew shooter with ASCII graphics for the Sony PlayStation Portable? Homebrew developer jabbyjim has updated his Ascii Attackers from Hell, now version 1