Jeff Lait is back with another release of the seemingly never-ending roguelike game Powder, and like the previous versions this update is packed with a plethora of updates. Release 105 comes with new weapons (lightning rapier and ice mace), as well as an option to use a 32x32 tile set that will enable players to run Powder with a considerably higher resolution.
Here's the usual lengthy changelog (grab your sandwich now):
* [All but GBA]: When you load a game, the fact you have loaded it is immediately saved. This means you can no longer power down before you die to avoid save scumming. (Eilu, Zach Firth)
* Familiars always leave corpses to facillitate their resurrection.
* Petrified creatures count to your kill total
* You are only punished for the death of a familiar when the death becomes irrevocable.
* The party guilty for creating traps, lava, etc, is now tracked so proper responsibility can be assigned. (Andrew Poandl)
* Dodge Skill's "foes" properly 'ified. (David Damerell)
* Extra flavour text from Eilu.
* Ricochet skill for arrows. (Furrot)
* You can climb trees. (Adam Boyd)
* When a bitmap has to many colours, it now fails more gracefully. (Ibson the Grey)
* An embarassing mistake in combat calcs has been fixed. It is now the attacker's skill, not the defender's, used to roll attack bonus. This will mean weapon skills are more necessary and make monsters more threatening since they always default to 2 stars.
* Jumping out of a pit only moves you one square. (Irashtar)
* Incorrect there in helm of draining description (Mark Rushakoff)
* Adjusted some monster sizes to better reflect how I envision them. Hopefully this doesn't affect food nutrition balance too much. (David Damerell)
* When you die your options are saved even if you don't make the high score table. (Zappa Penguin)
* Knock no longer closes the door if an item or creature blocks it.
* Knock cast on doors with creatures on them will knock them back and damage them slightly. (Lim-Dul)
* Light radius for creatures on fire increased to 2 from 1 to make it a bit less subtle. (R. Dan Henry)
* [Start] and [Select] can be used to enter and shift respectively on the on-screen keyboard. (Zappa Penguin)
* You can eat water elementals, but be warned there might still be some life in them. (Eilu)
* Polying into or polying back into gargantuan forms will crush any walls that would entrap you. (Korgoth)
* Flaming swords slightly nerfed to 1d3 fire damage to prevent them from being such an obvious weapon choice.
* New item: lightning rapier. (Terje)
* New item: ice mace.
* Imps summoned by demons that you summon will no longer attack you provided the demon stil lives.
* Monsters should now open doors if they are smart enough. (Derek Ray)
* New monster: Kobold Thief.
* You can now wish to learn a skill directly rather than having to acquire the specific book.
* "wizard's hands" in chilling touch description, "an uber-storm" for a living frost, along with an extra hyphen in that description. Description of Pax clarified to resolve amiguous sentence and disarm skill description has an s returned to it. Finally, another lost s added to the flesh golem description. (R. Dan Henry)
* "You gain insight into the nature of foo." now has a full stop. (David Damerell)
* Ibson the Grey has produced a new 32x32 tileset based on the rltiles to give you some high resolution POWDER experience. Since this isn't the 16x16 res, it doesn't come packaged with POWDER but has to be installed manually from the artpack.
The homebrew developer also announced that Powder is now open for skill requests, where players can "wish" for certain skills, similar to the way people can wish for spells.
It's always a good idea to check out the readme files before installing the game, to avoid any complications. If you encounter any errors or bugs in Powder, do hit the Via link to inform the homebrew developer.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
[W.I.P.]RPG Paradise [W.I.P.]RPG Paradise
PSP Developer pspballer07 dropped by the QJ.Net Forums earlier to announce the release of RPG Paradise v0.05. For those asking, RPG Paradise is the author's ongoing homebrew game project, with this latest release now featuring a battle system and a first enemy
Legacy RPG Legacy RPG
"Crono. Crono! Wake up, Crono!" psp_jono has released his NeoFlash entry in this year's spring coding compo. And y'know what, for a Lua homebrew game (an RPG built on Lua - would you believe?!), it's quite impressive. You can really see the effort he's put into Legacy RPG.
To the SNES kids, you might find the spirtes in this 'brew familiar
Pokemon Fire Red Enhanced remake of the original Pokemon Red video game, which released in 1996
Cameron Korb (or PsPhReaK from our forums) just released an update to his hack'n slash RPG homebrew game, called 2124.
All you have to do is extract the zip file to your memory stick. To play, just use the analog stick or D-pad to move around, and press X to attack. Be sure to wait for the sword icon to appear on the enemy, else you'd be killed in no time
Tales of Phantasia: Full Voice Edition Official Ja If Japanese RPGs are your thing, and just plain old screenshots of Namco Bandai's Tales of Phantasia: Full voice edition isn't enough for you, then maybe this short video of the official japanese trailer will satisfy part of your urges
Comments on Powder Release 105 for the PSP:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Powder Release 105 for the PSP supports it