Powder release is a roguelike originaly developed specifically for the Gameboy Advance (GBA). It is not a port of an existing roguelike as the controls of the GBA are very different from the traditional keyboard, and the screen imposes some additional limitations. It is built around replayability and long term ergonomics, not short term learning. It uses actual graphic tiles (16x16) rather than the traditional characters.
* Your tame creatures now have a heart badge beside them to identify them as such.
* Switching to a different tile res will no longer cause a crash. (Inu)
* Building the tile choice list now comes from the internal allbitmaps.h rather than being hardcoded, so Ibson the Grey's tiles will show up as expected. (Inu)
* Entering a level with active lava/water from a level which has no active lava/water, when the new level is already created and previously visited this game, will no longer stop the updating of said lava and water. (Nathan Bogue)
* Hopefully backspace will work on OSX. (Nathan Bogue)
* Jumping in space prohibited if you lack spacewalk. (Nathan Bogue)
* Jumping when buried prohibited. (Nathan Bogue)
* Kobold thieves are pluralized properly. (Nathan Bogue)
* Living frosts are now bloodless. (Nathan Bogue)
* Digging upwards on special levels has more sensible results. (Nathan Bogue)
* Remove the console window on Windows.
* Shattered trees will drop their occupants. (Nathan Bogue)
* Items that fall down holes will no longer be mapped. (patch by Richard Quirk)
* PSP Makefile should be happier with newer devkits. (patch by Joe Buck)
* Left and Right on menus will scroll fast, just like L and R do, but this also applies to the command menu where L and R are the quick bind keys. (patch by Joe Buck)
* [SDL] Shift-arrow will swap with a critter, Alt-arrow will jump. (patch by Andreas Bohm)
* ctype.h is included in map2c.cpp now. (Ben Hjelt)
* New tileset from Chris Lomaka.
* One new room.
* Load game shows up first in the menu if it is available to make it harder to accidentally choose new game. (Enrique Garcia Cota)
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
YAPR v1.5 PSP homebrew developer dragon0010 released version 1
Powder release 107 for PSP Homebrew developer Jeff Lait recently released another hefty set of updates to the dungeon crawling homebrew game Powder
ExultPSP ExultPSP, the homebrew that will let you play Richard Garriott's classic Ultima VII on your PSP, is now on version 2
PSP FreeDink This is a port of a windows game called Dink Smallwood to the PSP
Future-resurrection Zion, one of our forum posters, has alerted us of one of his new games for the PSP
Kingdom of War PSP v9 (beta) Homebrew coder UnlimitedX has released a new version of his Warcraft-esque homebrewed titled, Kingdom of War PSP
Tales of Phantasia: Full Voice Edition Official Ja If Japanese RPGs are your thing, and just plain old screenshots of Namco Bandai's Tales of Phantasia: Full voice edition isn't enough for you, then maybe this short video of the official japanese trailer will satisfy part of your urges
Kingdom Of War PSP Homebrew dev UnlimitedX has released a new version of Kingdom of War PSP