The amazing Lua Player has been updated to v0.19. Probably the most well known PSP homebrew application Lua Player is a Lua script player for the PSP, made by Moonlight, Shine, and Oobles. LUA player makes development of games and applications much more easier for non-coders and coders alike. You can even test your applications on the PC using Lua Player for Windows, before trying them on your PSP.
This updated version adds many new features that make it much more stable than the last release. Most of the changes are developer end and not user end, so don't expect to see many changes with your eyes. Here's the version 0.20 changelog:
- Updated for gcc 4.1 and Lua 5.1. Some things you need to change for 5.1:
- Changed table iteration code:
- It's pure Lua 5.1: no binary operators and double as number type (e.g. now you can use one number for storing IP addresses)
- Sound.load doesn't crash any more on invalid filenames
- Fixed problems with daylight saving time
- Font:getTextSize fixed.
- blit operation from screen to image works now,
- TTF font plotting to images now sets the alpha value to opaque
- New function Image.loadFromMemory for loading images from memory
- PNG and JPEG is supported and autodetected
- Image-to-image blitting now uses alpha full blending [Callum Bethune]
- System.rename(oldName, newName) for renaming files and directories
Don't worry developers - the full changelog included in the download will explain these changes in more detail and give examples on how this changes your code.
Lua Player comes in 2 seperate versions, 1.0 and 1.5 binaries. 2.0+ users can try the 1.0 binary version, however if you have problems it is reccommended for you to use an earlier version such as Lua Player 0.16. The source code is also available for coders to download, although it is not needed to write or Play Lua applications.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.