PSPChristmas is just around the corner, and it seems that it has made the PSP homebrew community alive or kicking. Of course, it's just my zany theory that's most likely wrong, but I sure find it interesting that we've been receiving more repports of new homebrew creations, And well, more homebrew means "happy happy" for everyone, right?
Anyway, we just heard that agent_dark64 from our forums just released a beta version of his project, **PSPShark** CWCHEAT. Basically, this one's a "cwcheat-like program" that works on all devhook emulated fiormware versions from 2.71 above. Also, this one has a GUI. Do take note, though, that this one needs 8 megs of memory, which is great as it enables users more searching options. Also, this version needs devhook v1.51 to work.
Here are the dev's notes that you might want to check out first:
* For Devhook Install:
* Just run the installer exe and follow the on screen instructions.
* For Custom Firmware Install: (note, this is untested, may not work)
* NOTE: Do this at your own risk, always have a way to recover your files back if it bricks, especially the pspbtcnf txt files.
* You will need to run the installer and install it for devhook (that means you should extract the devhook files on the memory stick before this if you don't have devhook installed).
* Next you will need to install the pspShark.prx file (after the install it will be in the (MS ROOT)/dh/05/kd/pspShark.prx) to your flash (whereever the other devhook plugin files are normally placed).
* You will then need to update the pspbtcnf txt files to add the pspShark.prx to boot up (BE CAREFUL OF THIS).
* Now when your psp boots up, you will need to have the memory stick in (the one you had in your psp when you installed pspShark) because it will have put some images in the (MS ROOT)/dh/kd/pspShark/Images/ folder and the pspShark.prx references this directly to the memory stick at this specific folder.
* If pspShark cannot find the images on boot (so for example, you didn't have the memory stick in the psp), the menu will be disabled and you won't be able to use pspShark, however the psp won't brick for missing images.
* pspShark itself (as in pspShark.prx) does not write to the flash in any way.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Vice City Stories Cheat Device Just two days after the original release of his Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories Cheat Device in PRX form, the amazing Edison Carter has come to the resuce of Vice City Stories players by updating the CheatDevice to version 2
PSP 3D Plugin Homebrew developer pspwizard has released a new version of his nifty li'l 3D plugin for the homebrew community, adding support for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, as well as introducing some new features to the app
ISO Tool Homebrew coder Takka has released a new version of his ISO Tool, a handy homebrew app lets PSP owners to decrypt, convert, and patch new ISOs to make them compatible with not just the latest custom firmwares, it now also supports the official PSP firmwares