You don't know it yet, but you have a GPS device in your possession right now - your PSP. Deniska's entry to the Neo Flash Summer Coding Contest for PSP Applications called Map This! turns your PSP into a map viewer in a snap. So why buy those GPS systems that would cost you an arm and a limb when you can just download this application and follow the very simple instructions?
This is not the first time that we've featured Map This! on QJ, matter of fact, it was still a very buggy version when we covered it. However this new release has tons of features we're sure you will enjoy. But, word of advice, this software is distributed under GPL license and provided for education purposes only. It is not fully tested and therefore should be used with caution.
Now let's get down to business.
* Scroll through large (up to 65536x65536 pixels) maps.
* Zoom in/out. The number of zoom levels depends of on the size of the map.
* Large coverage. The program uses imagery from Google Maps, which currently have pretty good coverage of North America, Western Europe, Australia, Japan. Visit Google maps, to find out if they provide required coverage for your location.
* Customizable map size, level of detail and coverage.
* Ability to display zipped maps (currently buggy)
* Ability to display satellite and hybrid maps from Google.
* WIFI map retrieval: ability to acquire and store map data to memory stick over WIFI
* Linux/Cygwin script is also provided to generate a map of given size and detail for a given location.
* GPS support: ability to read and interpret NMEA sentences from a GPS receiver communicating through PSP's serial port.
GPS Mode features:
* Speed, direction, altitude, latitude, longitude, number of satellites in view.
* NORTH UP mode: map is displayed with NORTH always on top. The arrow in the middle turns to shows current direction.
* TRACK UP mode: map rotates so that direction of movement is always from top down.
* Record GPS data (captures NMEA sentences in gps.txt file for later replay)
* POI/Attractions data support. Ability to select and display different types of attractions.
* PSPSDK compatible source code provided.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
AVEC GPS AVEC GPS is a vector GPS mapping program for the Sony PSP
Deniska's Map This! Download the latest version of MapThis! [Click Here]You don't know it yet, but you have a GPS device in your possession right now - your PSP
MapThis! PSP Homebrew developer Art has released a modified version of Deniska's GPS navigation tool, MapThis! Art's modded version has three specific changes, including having the auto load option to always be active
Map This! Download the latest version of MapThis! [Click Here]So what's new in the latest update of deniska's Map This! GPS application for the PSP? Well, in v0
Comments on Map This! GPS Map Viewer:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Map This! GPS Map Viewer supports it