It's been quite a while since we've heard any updates regarding the Adhoc Messenger homebrew app from FaT30YCG. Fortunately, it seems like another homebrew developer has decided to pick up the ball by creating a mod to this useful remote PlayStation Portable instant messenger.
The Unofficial Adhoc Messenger 2.6 was designed by aldotools and takes off from the previous version 2.0 released by the original developer. Despite the similarities in its basic functions, there have been a lot of changes made to this mod which you can view from the following list:
- Includes a media player with support for MP3, MOD, XM, S3M, IT, 669, etc.
- Display lyrics if a TXT with the same name of the song is found in ms0:/LYRICS or in the same folder of the song. This feature is available only off-line.
- 8 Visualizations when the lyrics file is not found.
- File browser with copy/move/delete/rename.
- Text editor with text scrolling and ability to add/delete lines (supports TXT, LUA, INI and JS)
- Picture viewer (supports JPG and PNG)
- Ability to start PBP and ISO from the program
- Ability to access Memory Stick and Flash 0-3 through USB.
- Ability to Restart and Shutdown the PSP.
- Adhoc Messenger mods: remember the user name, can load saved history file, notify other PSP when the user is online.
- Bilingual user interface: English and Spanish (very easy to add French)
- GUI mimics the MSN Messenger.
- Source code not encrypted.
- Based on LUA Player HM6.
The new functions definitely make the application more of a shell program than a simple instant messenger. In any case, you can download the program through the link that we've provided below. Enjoy!
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
JPCSP The JPCSP Team has published a new build of their ever-improving Java-based PlayStation Portable emulator for PC
JPCSP Here's the latest build of JPCSP, the ever-improving Java-based PlayStation Portable emulator for PC
JPCSP The JPCSP team has updated their Java-based PlayStation Portable emulator project that lets users play some PSP games on their respective PCs
PSPenguin FaT3oYCG has finally released an alpha build of PSPenguin on the QJ