It's been quite a while since we've heard any updates regarding the Adhoc Messenger homebrew app from FaT30YCG. Fortunately, it seems like another homebrew developer has decided to pick up the ball by creating a mod to this useful remote PlayStation Portable instant messenger.
The Unofficial Adhoc Messenger 2.6 was designed by aldotools and takes off from the previous version 2.0 released by the original developer. Despite the similarities in its basic functions, there have been a lot of changes made to this mod which you can view from the following list:
- Includes a media player with support for MP3, MOD, XM, S3M, IT, 669, etc.
- Display lyrics if a TXT with the same name of the song is found in ms0:/LYRICS or in the same folder of the song. This feature is available only off-line.
- 8 Visualizations when the lyrics file is not found.
- File browser with copy/move/delete/rename.
- Text editor with text scrolling and ability to add/delete lines (supports TXT, LUA, INI and JS)
- Picture viewer (supports JPG and PNG)
- Ability to start PBP and ISO from the program
- Ability to access Memory Stick and Flash 0-3 through USB.
- Ability to Restart and Shutdown the PSP.
- Adhoc Messenger mods: remember the user name, can load saved history file, notify other PSP when the user is online.
- Bilingual user interface: English and Spanish (very easy to add French)
- GUI mimics the MSN Messenger.
- Source code not encrypted.
- Based on LUA Player HM6.
The new functions definitely make the application more of a shell program than a simple instant messenger. In any case, you can download the program through the link that we've provided below. Enjoy!
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
XMB Emulator Over at the QJ PSP forums, homebrew developer superskull85 released his new program called the XMB Emulator
JPCSP The JPCSP Team has once again bump up their ever-improving Java-based PlayStation Portable emulator for PC with the release of revision 2211 of JPCSP
iR Shell 3.1 Download the latest version of iR Shell [Click Here]Appearances can be deceiving
MACXT Because we just can't seem to get enough of Mac-type Shells, homebrew developer has released MACXT for the PSP, a shell which takes the concept a little further with its own version of iTunes and iPhoto in its browser
DaedalusX64 SVN r722 The DaedalusX64 team has recently updated their ever-improving Nintendo 64 emulator project for the PlayStation Portable, bumping it up to revision 722
JPCSP Revision 2188 of JPCSP, the ever-improving Java-based PlayStation Portable emulator project for Windows is now out folks