First of all, many thanks to Abrasax and J for their help, this new release wouldn't be so full of new stuff without them. And thanks of course to the beta testers. Strangely enough, except a few card bugs here and there, most of the reports we got were "feature" requests (well, to some extent, some of them can be considered as bugs too...), so my guess is that this release should be quite stable.
So what do we have for you here ? Well, first of all, you'll probably notice that the big jpegs are not in this release, only thumbnails. The game still handles the big pictures, of course, but you'll have to find them yourself. The main reason for that is bandwidth, as this decision will allow us to put far more cards in the future, for a smaller zip file. It also allows us to put music and sfx in the package for a smaller total size. Oh yes, music is finally here, and a few sounds as well, so that Wagic looks (sounds ?) more like an actual video game now (the soundtrack is by Celestial Aeon Project). Overall, lots of new customizable contents have been added, and the card parser has been improved, which means more cards for you and less code for me.
Oh, I almost forgot, around 250 new cards (Wagic now officially supports around 700 cards, not counting the hundreds more available on the forum), new icons and a new logo.
And thanks to CrazyRazor for the avatars, that I included in the release.
enjoy a few screenshots and videos. As far as I'm concerned, I'll be on holiday during the Christmas season, so don't expect many updates in the weeks to come.
* Added 240 new cards, including the ones from the Ice Age Mod by Abrasax, and cards from Shadowmoor
* (PSP) Mp3 Playback fixed. (note : Mp3s can't have an ID3V2 tag)
* Added SFX (check the Res/sound/sfx/README.txt file for customization)
* Shop Memory leak fixed. Going repeatedly to the shop should not crash the game anymore
* The deck editor now has 3 scrolling speeds. You can switch by using the "select" button
* (internal) Input system updated
* (Windows) it is now possible to resize the window and play fullscreen
* Added an avatar directory for the AI. Check Res/ai/baka/avatars/README.txt for customization !
* The cards file parser has been upgraded, you can now add more cards by yourself
o new keywords : lord , life ,foreach,bury all, destroy all, @, draw,...
o target mechanism updated (attacker, blocker, colors, tapped, abilities...)
o more info here
* The AI should play Wrath of God and other such cards more "wisely"
* You can now choose your opponent based on its deck name when you play against the AI. Difficulty is computed based on your victories against the AI with a specific deck.
* (sources/internal): you can now play the game on Linux (if you compile it from the sources) (thanks J !)
* New mana icons, new logo
* Fixed a graveyard bug that made the game crash
* A few ingame speed improvements
Cards - Bugs where fixed for the following cards:
* Lava Axe
* Control magic
* Circle of protection (all)
* Zombie Master
* Spark elemental
* Ascendant Evincar
* Nightmare (10E)
* Wrath of god
* Some fixes for various Ice Age cards
* Brass Man and Paralyze tend to crash the game. Please don't use them
* Hybrid mana cost is not shown in the "text" version of the card pictures
* Volume control does not work. Sound/Music is either on or off.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Wagic v0.15.1 Homebrew coder extraordinaire wololo and his team has updated their excellent fantasy card game for the PlayStation Portable, Wagic! Tagged as version 0
PSPBriscola v1.4 (signed) PSPBriscola is PSP developer Rinnegatamante's LUA-based homebrew version of the Italian card game, Briscola
Go Fish v1.0 The creator of the PSP Memory Game dsi has just released Go Fish v1
Richman, Poorman Card Game Those of you who love card games but somehow do not have enough cash to place bets on the poker table, here's a great alternative for you It's free, and it's right on your PSP