As you might have picked up from the post a few days back, Art came up with version 16 of his X-Flash program. One of the notable things to come with the latest version is support for 1.50 and 2.71 SE-B firmwares. Version 16B adds some cosmetic functions for those folks who wanted to get debranded stuff, but retains all of the PSP goodness X-Flash has to offer.
To save you the trouble of reading my gibberish, let's get the info straight from the source. Just remember: X-Flash is probably the most stable app for this particular kind of job, but you might still do something you'll regret to your PSP. Use at your own risk, alright?
New for X-Flash V16b:
* Wave Effect Removed from opening intro screen as well as XMB menu. (firmware version 2.71 SE)
* Debranded Coldboot intro screen. (firmware version 2.71 SE)
* Debranded Gameboot movie. (firmware version 2.71 SE)
* Plain Black Gameboot Movie. (firmware version 2.71 SE)
Currently Supported for 2.71 SE:
* Debranded Coldboot Intro screen.
* Debranded Gameboot screen,
* Disable XMB Menu Wave Effect, and Coldboot Intro Wave Effect
* Custom Monthly Backgrounds, including Plain Black Backgrounds.
* Custom Font (sample font included is now the ASCII font).
* Disable Network Update Icon functionality.
* Custom Name Plate picture (Easter Egg "Art" name plate is disabled in 2.71 SE since only basic name plate pictures work).
* Firmware Dump (At least 21 Mb free space required for 2.71 SE).
* Registry Backup and Restore Tool.
* Custom Gameboot movies.
Currently Disabled for 2.71 SE:
* XMB Menu Label editor.
* Firmware Version Spoofers.
* Coldboot and XMB sounds (may be fixed in a later version).
* Plain Black PSP About Screens (may be fixed in a later version).
* Some Easter Eggs won't work because they rely on version spoofs, detailed name plate picture, etc.
COMING SOON for X-Flash V16c:
* Custom Coldboot Opening Sound (firmware version 2.71 SE)
* Custom Coldboot Opening Sound with Echo Effect (firmware version 2.71 SE)
* Built in Air Wrench Coldboot Opening Sound (firmware version 2.71 SE)
* Delete Coldboot Opening Sound (firmware version 2.71 SE)
* Apply Built in Custom XMB Click Sound (firmware version 2.71 SE)
* Apply Biult in Custom XMB Error Sound (firmware version 2.71 SE)
* Improved Plain Black Gameboot movie (black movie from V16b sometimes pixelates with 2.71)
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.