Attention Grabber extends the functionality of the Attention Manager, it grabs your attention by emitting a beep, turning on the LED or vibrating periodically when you have pending alerts. This is most useful on a device like my Treo 650 wich does not continuously alert me to the fact that I've missed a call or an SMS, something I was used to from my previous phone.
You can enable or disable the app (note that it is always disabled while running but it re-enables when it closes).
You can tell the app to re-enable itself after a soft reset.
You can specify the number of seconds between attention grabbing attempts.
You can enable or disable the audible beep.
You can enable or disable the LED while there are pending attention items.
You can enable or disable the vibrator (useful if you have muted the sound on your Treo).
There are now 2 profiles (called Active and Passive) that can be used to customize the way AttnGrab notifies you.
Profiles can be activated manually or at a set time.
The profile can change while an alert is active and the new settings will apply immediately. The exception to this is the LED colour, which does not change.
Massive code refactoring (I've been wanting to do this and the large changes needed for profile support were a perfect opportunity to do it).
Added a button to let you test the beep parameters without having to create an alert.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed several issues that worked together to cause a reboot when receiving an SMS.
· Fixed an issue where clicking on the Ringer State checkbox set the text field to empty but did not redraw it. This makes it easy to accidentally set the seconds value to 0.
· Fixed an issue where having a seconds value of 0 when beep or vibrate are enabled. This was setting the alarm for the current time leading to a tight loop. This should not be fatal but when this happened as a result of an SMS coming in the phone rebooted.
· As an extra sanity check, always ensure that the alarm is being set for a time in the future and clear it otherwise.
· atgdebug now has a useful scroll bar. The scroll bar is handy for navigating through longer debug logs.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Palm OS 3.x, Palm OS 4.x, Palm OS 5.x
Other Software by developer «Lincoln Ramsay»:
Comments on Attention Grabber:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Attention Grabber supports it