Birthdays is a plug-in for today screen which reminds you birthdays of people in your contact list. Features:
The plugin will is very small and takes very few space in your PDA.
Age of persons
The plugin can show the age of the persons after their names.
Look ahead and back
You can set up the number of days the plugin will look ahead and/or and show birthdays to you.
Format of date
You can set up the date format to suit your needs.
The plugin is very customizable. There are options for size of vertical margins, showing the plugin icon, displaying the age of persons, font size, wrapping long lines and more.
The plugin is also able to remind you anniversaries. You can set it up to remind only birthdays, only anniversaries or both.
From version 1.2.1, localizations are supported. You can make your own localization as well.
In verbose mode, the plugin shows you dates and names of persons who have birthdays and/or anniversaries. In brief mode, the plugin shows only the number of persons who have birthdays and/or anniverasaries. If you tap the plugin, the window with details is displayed.
- Fixed: Problem with starting the configuration (thanks to Nikos Platis for reporting).
- Fixed: Custom font size was not set properly when opening configuration. v1.2.9:
- Added: Format of the name.
- Fixed: Bad date of reported birthdays (one day offset).
- Fixed: Plugin stops refreshing. v1.2.8:
- Added: Context menu.
- Added: Forced refresh if the day has change.
- Fixed: Age/year of upcoming birthdays/anniversaries was badly calculated.
- Fixed: Up/Down button ranges (was limited to 100).
- Fixed: Names are displayed according to the FileAs entry. v1.2.7:
- Added: About page.
- Added: Look back for days.
- Added: Option for showing the number of days till birthdays/anniversaries.
- Added: Running custom contact manager (for example Pocket Informant) on tap.
- Added: Customizable refresh interval (to lower load of CPU).
- Fixed: Up/down arrows on spin controls increments/decrements.
- Fixed: Minor bugfixes and some optimalizations. v1.2.6:
- Fixed: Reduced CPU load.
- Added: Cancel button.
- Added: Port for PPC2002 (thanks to Aleksandr Alekseyev for testing). v1.2.5:
- Fixed: If PDA was soft-reseted and the plugin was installed on SD-card, the localization stops to work on Today screen.
- Added: The plugin periodically checks the localization file and if it changes, the localization file is reloaded.
- Added: Tapping the plugin icon will open configuration dialog.
- Changed: Removed setting for tap action from configuration dialog. v1.2.4:
- Fixed: When installed on SD-Card, the plugin was not shown after SW reset.
- Added: Remind mode (Only birthdays, only anniversaries, both birthdays and anniversaries).
- Added: Tapping the icon opens Config.
- Fixed: Improved stability. v1.2.3:
- Added: Brief mode. v1.2.2:
- Fixed: Updating is executed on background (should reduce CPU load). v1.2.1:
- Added: Localizations.
- Fixed: Options were not saved after soft-reset. v1.2.0:
- Added: Reminds anniversaries.
- Added: Font size option.
- Added: Customizable action on tapping.
- Added: Line wrapping.
- Added: Hide plugin when there are no birthdays to display.
- Added: Option to show/hide plugin icon.
- Added: Memory optimizations. v1.1.6:
- Fixed: White strip draw issue (thanks to Peter D'Hoye for testing).
- Added: Customizable size of vertical margins. v1.1.5:
- Fixed: Long dates were broken down into lines.
- Fixed: Uninstallation removes settings from registry.
- Fixed: When the plugin was not loaded, there was no header in the config dialog.
- Fixed: System get locked when a birthday occured exactly on the last day of the look ahead value.
- Added: Tapping on the plugin will open Contacts.
- Added: Version of the plugin on the Config dialog.
- Added: If there are too many birthdays to display in one line, three dots will appear. v1.1.4:
- Fixed bug: When day has changed, the plugin was refreshed every 2 seconds.
- Fixed bug: No icon was displayed on Axim X5 (thanks to Robert Rosen for testing).
- Added Hi-DPI awareness. v1.1.3:
- Fixed bug: When charging the battery, the plugin was refreshed every 2 seconds. v1.1.2:
- Added option to turn on/off the age of contacts.
- Added option to customize the format of date.
- Minor bugfixes.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Pocket PC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0
Other Software by developer «David Andr»:
tMan Easy to use task manager for Windows mobile phones