Chess Guide- ideal Chess quick-study guide. The Chess covers the basic pieces of chess, before going on to some more advanced topics. FREE Playing The Game chapter in the trial version.
Intended for everyone interested in Chess, particularly for beginners and intermediate students.
- Fully illustrated.
- Search for the words or phrases
- Navigate from Table of Contents or read page by page
- Access the guide anytime, anywhere - at home, on the train, in the subway.
- Always have the guide available for a quick reference.
- Multi-Platform device capability (PDA, smartphone, PC)
- Add Bookmarks, text annotations and mark-ups
- Automatic synchronization between the handheld and the desktop PC. You could read half of the book on the handheld, then finish reading on the desktop. Annotations and drawings are also synchronized.
Table of Contents
I. Playing The Game
Overview | The board | King | Knight | Bishop | Rook | Queen | Pawn | Special moves | Initial position | Conclusion of the game | Glossary
II. Notating The Game
Algebraic notation | Designations | Coordinate Notation | ICCF numerical notation
Guarding | Batteries | The Exchange | Forks | Pinned pieces | Skewers | Discoveries | Removing the defender | Sacrifices | In between moves
Material | Tempo | Quality | Initiative | Compensation | Zugzwang | Combining attack with defense
V. Basic Openings
Aims of an opening
King's Pawn Opening: Overview | Spanish Opening | Italian Game | Russian Game | Philidor Defence | Danish Gambit | Sicilian Defence | French Defence | Pirc Defence | Modern Defence | Alekhine's Defence | Scandinavian Defence
Queen's Pawn Opening
VI. The Endgame
Basic Checkmates: Overview | King and Queen vs. King | King and Rook vs. King
Pawn Endings: Overview | The Rule of the Square | The Opposition
Minor Piece endings
Overview | Random Opening Chess
MobiPocket Reader Setup
1. To read this book you will need to download the Free MobiPocket Reader from MobiPocket, the Amazon.com company. You can install the Reader directly to your handheld. However, we recommend that you install the MobiPocket Desktop Reader first from this URL http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft
2. When you connect the handheld to the desktop PC, the MobiPocket Desktop Reader automatically detects the handheld and installs an appropriate software on the handheld.
3. Open the PRC file from the MobiPocket Desktop Reader. Click the Send button to send the book from the desktop PC to the handheld.
4. Whenever you connect the handheld to the desktop PC, the MobiPocket Desktop Reader automatically synchronizes the book between the handheld and the desktop PC. You could read half of the book on the handheld, then finish reading on the desktop. Annotations and drawings are also synchronized.