Best Private Conversation(S60 5th edition)
To start working with the application you must choose one of the available modes:
- Follow rules - processes only the messages matching the defined rules;
- Handle all - processes all the messages;
- Not in contacts - processes only the messages the sender's address of which is not found in the phone's Contacts;
"Handle all" and "Not in contacts" are simple modes, it is recommended to use the "Follow rules" mode and to define the necessary rules for more flexible work with the application.
You can define the following types of rules in the Rules dialog:
- Default - the rule that applies when no other rules are matched;
- Private number - this rule will apply to undetected numbers;
- Not in contacts - allows processing the messages, the sender's address of which is not found in the phone's Contacts;
- Contact - a rule for processing correspondence with a chosen contact;
- Group - same as Contact but for a certain group of contacts;
- Phone number - a rule for processing correspondence with a defined phone number;
Each rule can be turned on or off. The rules have additional settings for processing of incoming calls: reject call and send an SMS message after rejecting it.
In this view you can read incoming and sent messages as well as make calls and send messages directly from within the application. The "Store..." command allows exporting messages into a text or CSV file. If, for some reason, you need to return a message to the system "Messages" application, you can use the "Restore message" command, which also deletes the messages from BPC. It is important to understand that the restored message, upon being written to the system "Messages", will be processed by BPC again, if any relevant rules are active, and thus will be returned back to BPC. To avoid this situation, turn off the corresponding rule or select a different mode.
This view shows the actions undertaken while processing messages and calls. You can set the period for this log to be Autocleaned in Settings.
This dialog allows defining the following options:
- Ask for password - if this is set to on, the password will be checked at each application start and bringing it forward from "hidden" state;
- Password - if you lose or forget your password, all application's data (messages, log) will be lost without possibility to restore them;
- Show icon - will show an icon in standby mode (Phone application), in any application or in specified applications if there is a new unread message;
- New message notification - will show the defined notification if there is a new message;
- Notification text - it can be any text that you alone will understand, for example "Synchronisation complete", "System error", "Happy birthday!" and such;
- Notification sound - allows specifying the default tone, a custom sound file or a custom text in English language that will be played upon receiving a new message;
- Clean phone log - allows deleting records about calls and messages from system log;
- Autoclean BPC log - allows defining the number of days after which old records in application's log will be deleted;
- Autohide - allows automatically hiding the application after the defined period of time;
Note: BPC functioning may conflict with other applications processing messages in real time, such as firewalls, SPAM-filters etc... If another application is already intercepting the messages, BPC will warn about impossibility to initialize the engine.