GpsPilot- The newest GPS receiver/logger in Your Mobile!
GpsPilot is a software for mobile phones turning your mobile into powerful tool for GPS navigation.
Software here illustrates usage for Pilots to provide flight information, enhancing Your security in the air, but can be configured for all possible mobile applications.
All what you need is: Smartphone with Bluetooth, GPS receiver (mouse) with Bluetooth and this software.
Value of this tool is local - specific to your airfield.
We do not aim high-tech and air-competitions, where the top-pilots are served with special and expensive instruments for flight planning, etc. (Although we can do too). We aim normal, average pilots, instructors and students, serving the day-to-day routine on the Circuit and for flying in Zone. We aim to deliver the value for less, based on GPS, GSM and Mobile phone technology advance.
GpsPilot displays three main screens: MAP, Flight and GPS and provides AUDIBLE ALARMS, to assist the Pilot during flight with AUDIBLE information about flight.
And the best: all this is freely configurable for your specific needs! You can define you own alarms and information, to be communicated to you, based on flight data maintained! This feature is especially suitable for Aviation schools & trainings, where a checklists and instructions to student can be played, based on specific flight situation - combined of position & height & speed & direction & duration &?
GpsPilot is delivered with few sample Alarms, Waypoints and Configurations. They are commonly referred as "MODE" of the program. Selected MODE is displayed in the status bar on bottom of every screen. There is a GPS signal status indicator too.
All data are logged ? and Mobile telephone features are deployed: you can send your actual position & flight data per SMS or GPRS in pressing one button. And vice versa: authorized mobiles/computers can retrieve your flight data every time. Logged flight data can be transferred to your favorite flight analysis program later.
MAP screen shows:
- your position on movable Map (fixed bearing or North), with Scale indicator, zoom, pan and center functions
- the path being flown
- Airspeed, needed Height over terrain and Actual height over Terrain
- Direction and distance to next waypoint
- major Waypoints and orientation Landmarks (airports, rivers, hills, cities, railways)
Flight screen shows actual and recorded flight data:
- Airspeed (km/h)
- Ground speed (km/h)
- Altitude (HMS)
- Vario (m/s)
- Distance - length of the path flown (km)
- Reserve of height - difference between actual height and height needed (QFE)
- Trip time - duration of the flight (hh:mm:ss)
- Max. Speed - maximum Airspeed recorded (km/h)
With Page down, you display second flight screen:
- Direction - actual direction of flight (degrees)
- Persistent direction - direction flown in horizontal flight (degrees) - this is to indicate curves
- Start time (hh:mm:ss)
- Landing time (hh:mm:ss)
- Average speed (km/h)
- Maximal altitude - HMS (m)
- Minimal altitude - HMS (m)
With Page down, you display a third flight screen:
- Maximal latitude/longitude reached during flight (DDMM.MMMM)
- Minimal latitude/longitude reached during flight (DDMM.MMMM)
- QFE - height over next Waypoint (m)
- Distance to next waypoint (km)
- Wind speed (km/h) and direction (degrees)
GPS raw data screen shows raw GPS data, as received from GPS receiver:
- Altitude (HMS)
- Angle - actual direction of flight (degrees)
- Satellites - satellites used
- Speed (km/h)
With Page down, you display second GPS data screen:
- Fix indicator - position fix indicator
- PDOP - position dilution of precision
- HDOP - horizontal dilution of precision
- VDOP - vertical dilution of precision
- Status - data validity status