Music Launcher is a music player for Symbian s60 5th edition mobiles. With Music Launcher you can organize your music into folders. Selecting what to play is as easy as selecting several folders. Music Launcher supports sub-folders, and also individual files can be selected/unselected inside each folder. This way of organizing music has two main advantages over the "modern" way of organizing music as Artists-Albums-Genres-Playlists:
* You can have your compilations into folders, and you just need to select those folders to play the desired compilations. In the Artists-Albums-Genres-Playlists way of organizing music this can be achieved only by creating a playlist, which is time-consuming and rigid.
* You can listen to different music each time you start listening: just select some folders from your music, including your compilation folders. No need to create a playlist each time you want to listen to something else.
- Music Launcher plays the same music formats as the Music Player that comes with your phone. It also supports album art, and on some devices, crossfading between tracks.
- Music Launcher allows you to do some management to your music files: move, rename, delete files and folders and create new folders.
- You can send Music Launcher to your friends by Bluetooth or you can send them the URL from where to download by SMS. Spread the fun!
It is easy to stay up-to-date with new versions of Music Launcher. The application has a "Check for Updates" command that allows you to download and install new versions, once they become available.
What's New in This Release:
· Support for embedded cover art. The album art engine has been enhanced a lot.
· Album art files (cover.jpg and/or folder.jpg) are also looked into a "__Covers" subfolder of the music folders. The album art filename has the format Artist-Album.jpg. For example, if you are currently playing "e:/MyMusic/Compilation/Nightwish - Planet Hell.mp3" from the Music folder "e:/MyMusic" and if the Album and Artist metadata fields of the file's ID3 are properly set, then MLauncher is also looking for the file "e:/MyMusic/__Covers/Nightwish-Once.jpg" and uses it if available.
· Further more, you can enable (from Preferences) the so called "hint files". If this is enabled, and the jpg above has not been found, MLauncher will create a file (zero length) "e:/MyMusic/__Covers/Nightwish-Once.hint". You can then look what hint files are created and replace them with real album art.
· FLAC and ogg plugin comes now embedded into MLauncher, although it is not installed by default. If you try to play a FLAC or ogg file and the plugin is not installed, you will be prompted to install it.
· There is now a Dutch translation (localisation) thanks to Hans Dorssers, in addition to the Bulgarian translation.
· The management of Music folders (those folders where you have collected your music) should be now (hopefully) clearer. You cannot delete a Music folder (from the list) unless it is empty, but you can disable it, as before. Adding Music folders works now, although you should use this feature carefully.
· Many fixes and performance improvements. Much of the internal engine has been rewritten, hopefully for the better.
What's New in This Release:
· 20 volume steps on phones supporting it (Symbian Belle)
· Theme color can change to match the dominant color of the album art (off by default, on from the Options->Color menu in Music Player view)
· fixed one bug that caused most of the crashes in 0.105
What's New in 0.104 beta:
· MLauncher knows 2 types of playlists: music and audiobook. Music playlists will by default be randomized and crossfaded, audiobooks playlists will not.
· There are 2 types of "Source" folders: music and audiobooks.
· FLAC and ogg files are supported by installing an additional plugin.
· All Symbian version since 3rd edition supported, including Symbian Anna and Belle.
· Bulgarian translation (localisation) thanks to Kostadin Kolev.
· Many fixes, some performance improvements.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
S60 5th Edition
PowerMP3 PowerMP3 is a revolutionary audio/music player for your Nokia Series 60 smartphone. It is designed using pluggable architecture for the possibility of extending the player with new audio file formats when the need arises. The current version of PowerMP3 supports MP3, OGG, AAC and M4A formats
ShakePhone Shake phone is a amazing application now you can change you song just shaking you symbian^3 or S60v5 devices
Playlist DJ Playlist DJ-Get more enjoyment from your music collection with Playlist DJ v1.01. Instantly create new playlists. Match your music to your mood or change your mood with your music. Playlist DJ automatically analyzes and profiles your music collection, then builds playlists at your command
SymbPlayer SymbPlayer is an MP3 player with nice and graphical user interface. You can customize the screen with skins and images from your device. With Playlist Editor you can rearrange the list of songs, and listen in the order you wish
Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Silverlight for Symbian Developer Tools description includes a runtime that is optimized to display content on memory constrained devices. Silverlight support for Symbian S60 5th Edition devices includes the ability to view Silverlight applications in the mobile browser and the tools to build Silverlight applications that target devices
Duomi Duomi - Duomi is an amazing & free mobile music app, which is designed for Java, Android and Symbian S60 systems. Rich music resources, Finger-friendly interface and synchronizing songs list between Pc Duomi and Mobi Duomi all make your music everywhere
OggPlay for S60 OggPlay for S60 - OggPlay is a music player for phones running on the Symbian Operating system.
OggPlay plays OGG files, and on some platforms MP3 and AAC too.
OggPlay was first developped for the P800 and then released under the GPL by Leif H. Wilden. In a true open source project, OggPlay was ported to other platforms
Nokia Audiobooks Nokia Audiobooks is a beta concept that enables you to enjoy audiobooks while on the go. It includes a highly efficient audio compression technology optimized for voice, a player application for S60, and an audio converter tool for PC
Handy Music Player that works like winamp with posibility to add/remove files to playlist, and have palylists tabs