Pdf+ Pro (for S6 3rd edition Smartphones) is a viewer for PDF (Portable Document) documents for the S60 3rd edition ESeries Business Phones. Optimized for mobile phones, Pdf+ is very easy to use, fast, small and packs a lot of features.
You get the functions you'd expect, such as displaying specific pages, searching, zooming, full screen mode and displaying and following bookmarks and links. Shortcuts give quick access to often-used functions. The built-in help text explains the use of the program in detail.
You'll get an overview of the PDF documents on your device, and you can open and manage them easily. Pdf+ also remembers the last 10 files you have opened. You can open password-protected files, and files encrypted with 40 and 128 bits Standard encryption.
You can wrap the text of a document to make it fit the small screen of a Smartphone. You can set column mode to make reading pages using columns of text much easier. You can save your favourite view settings, and you can select which font will be used for standard PDF fonts.
You can print a document, either all the pages, the current page or a range of pages. You can also create PDF documents using the PdfPrinter printer driver, which is also part of Pdf+ Pro.
Pdf+ can display PDF documents in most languages. For displaying certain Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Japanese documents you can install a plug-in.
Pdf+ is a native viewer. There is no need to convert a PDF document with your PC to a proprietary format, saving you much time, money and hassle. You can therefore send PDF documents using E-mail, Infrared and Bluetooth, and you can read PDF documents attached to E-mails or downloaded from the Web.
- Prev. page, Next page, Go to page
- Find, Find next
- Full screen, Landscape, Zoom, Rotate
- Wrap to screen, Column mode
- Shortcuts, Preferences
- Type0 fonts, Chinese, Japanese support
- Reading E-mail attachments and web downloads
- Open password-protected files
- Next link, Follow link, Website, E-mail, Dial
- Saving PDF files
- Sending PDF files
- Print, Print as image, Preview, Page settings, printers.
- Create PDF files.
Pdf+ (for S60 3rd edition Smartphones) can display a large number of PDF 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 files. Pdf+ silently ignores some unimplemented features and non-conforming PDF files, it will complain about other unimplemented features and non-conforming PDF files. Pdf+ is designed especially for Smartphones and Communicators. As these devices are still less powerful than desktop computers, some less-often used PDF constructs are not available.
- Pdf+ can display text in almost any language, in particular when the font used has been embedded. Otherwise, Pdf+ will use the installed fonts to display text. This will only succeed when a ToUnicode translation table has been embedded in the document and when the substituted font contain the used characters.
- For Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Japanese documents using Type 0 fonts, you need to install the optional plug-ins during installation. Documents using Korean Type 0 fonts cannot be read at this time.
- For non-Unicode encodings, if the ToUnicode translation table is available, the text can also be searched successfully.
- Pdf+ can only display the complete Symbol and Zapf Dingbats fonts if you have the appropriate font files installed on your device. The built-in fonts only contain some Symbol characters, and none of the Zapf Dingbat characters.
- Pdf+ doesn't handle the dynamic content of a PDF file, and it cannot render Type 3 fonts.
- Even though the quality of the printout is very good, printing itself is a bit slow. Printing also uses a lot of memory and will fail occasionally because of that. The Bluetooth connection in particular is rather fussy. We do not recommend printing those documents that also take a lot of time to render to the screen.
PdfPrinter (for S60 3rd edition smartphones) creates PDF version 1.2 (Acrobat 3.x), 1.3 (Acrobat 4.x) and 1.4 (Acrobat 5.x) files.
- You can set the PDF properties of the file, such as the title, the author and important keywords.
- PdfPrinter compresses the file, making it less demanding on storage space and also making it faster and cheaper to email to another party.
- You can restrict access to the file by specifying whether the contents can be copied, printed or viewed by special-needs viewers.
- You can encrypt the file with the Standard 40 bits encryption (Acrobat 3.x and 4.x) and the much safer 128 bits encryption schemes.
- It is not possible to use the Standard PDF Symbol and Zapf Dingbats fonts. Neither is it possible to embed fonts.
There are some issues you need to be aware of when creating PDF documents with PdfPrinter.
- Only characters that are part of the codepage 1252 character set are added to the PDF file, other characters are replaced by a space.
- PdfPrinter is compatible with most programs that can print. Known exceptions are the Web browser and the MMS viewer. The Web browser either crashes when setting a printer driver, or crashes during the print. The MMS viewer cannot load PdfPrinter.
- QuickOffice 5.x is compatible with PdfPrinter. However, QuickOffice 5.x prints pages as bitmaps, and this results in documents that cannot be searched for text strings, for instance.