Python for S60 - brings the power and productivity of the Python programming language to the S60 platform. The tools enable rapid application development and prototyping, and the ability to create stand-alone S60 applications written in Python.
What's New in This Release:
· Repeat support in 4-way directional pad
· Lot of memory leaks in the interpreter code is fixed.
· appuifw.app.track_allocations can be set if the interpreter should track all memory allocations and then free the memory which was not explicitly released before application exit. To debug memory leaks in 3rd party extension modules set the value to false.
· All the Pyds that have zero UID will be assigned with the applications UID at the time of packaging. As a result, Python applications can now be symbian signed. This opens the door for submitting Python applications to OVI Store.
· Pdf documentation is available in the installer/archive.
· API cleanup in the SensorFW module.
· On the below mentioned devices Python runtime and its dependencies will be installed automatically when the Python applications is started. 6220 classic, N86 8 MP, N85, 6720 classic, 6730 classic, N96, 5730 XpressMusic, N78, 5630 XpressMusic, E52, E55, 6710 Navigator, E75, N79, 5800 XpressMusic, 5530 XpressMusic, 5230, X6 and N97 mini
· Python Runtime and application sis can be on different drives. The limitation of both should be installed on the same drive is eliminated.
· Missing (platform) functionality on ensymble/Application packager: The 2nd point in the bug description is fixed
· appuifw.Icon sample code refers to non-existing file [doc error]
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
SajiFS Launcher SajiFS Launcher-is an end-user as well as developer freeware solution to play/test PC mouse based flash games in full screen with a close button without modifying the source of the game. It can launch the swf files in two resolution i.e stretched & normal. It was developed using Symbian C++ & Flash Lite
Qt Qt app it is an updated version of Qt libraries, to run applications and games plus QtMobility 1
DTL-X For Series 60 Bluetooth Developers DTL-X For Series 60 Bluetooth Developers -
New! Version 1.03 Features Easier Installation!
If you develop Bluetooth® wireless technology enabled applications for Nokia Series 60 mobiles, DTL-X from CYBERABI is an easy-to-use Windows 2000 device driver that can help with your debugging
HView Plain text and binary file viewer. It's designed to be used with some file-manager (like FExplorer, FileMan...); And it's for free
Landmarks Python extension that allows access to the Landmarks API which is available on 3rd edition phones (and newer)
Fire j2me Fire j2me is a library that aims to provide a set of easy-to-use extendable components to J2ME developers.
The basic set of Fire components offer all the functionality of the J2ME GUI components provided in the midp2 profile (Forms, Items etc.) plus a much more appealing user interface, themes, animations, popup menus, and better component layout
dEditor Script for mShell dEditor Script for mShell is an m editor written in m! If you often edit m scripts directly on the phone you should consider this editor. It simplifies your work with function lists, markers, highligthing etc. Especially on Series 60 you will also like the scroll speed since the editor is completely in graphic mode
PAMP (Personal Apache MySQL PHP) PAMP (Personal Apache MySQL PHP) -the acronym AMP refers to a solution stack of software, usually free software / open-source software, used to run dynamic Web sites or servers
Ensymble Ensymble-is a collection of Python modules and command line programs for Symbian OS software development.
SIS files made with Ensymble work from S60 3rd Edition phones onwards. For 1st and 2nd Edition phones there's py2sisng
Rol-a-Bol Rol-a-Bol - Totally useless but fun little script. Can be used WITH and WITHOUT Sensor API (use arrow keys).
Turn your Sensor API phone to roll the balls to given direction. Each time there is movement the color changes a little bit.
Enable background bubbles or tiles for more fun visual images
Other Software by developer «Erik Smartt»:
Comments on PyS60 Python:
if it works, thanks,.
Date: 30 Sep 10
I THINK IT WILL WORK.
Date: 9 Oct 10
Date: 15 Feb 11
works for more
Date: 18 Jul 14
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if PyS60 Python supports it