DVDPlayer for Nokia 7710 - Fullscreen playback of DivX/XviD AVI movies, e.g. ripped from your DVD movies.
- fullscreen playback, 65565 colors;
- start at a user-defined position;
- fast forward and backward.
Ripping DVD movies
If you want to play DVD movies, the first step is to rip the DVD into an AVI file using a DVD ripper program.
The program does not have a DVD converter included. We recommend the use of the free XMPEG (http://www.xmpeg.net), step-by-step tutorial included, or if you wish to make it easier, in one step, try Makayama's Mobile Media Maker.
Converting AVI files to a DVDPlayer-supported format
To convert an existing AVI file into the supported format, we recommend the use of a Lathe for Nokia, included in installation file.
After conversion, upload the file to the phone using Nokia PcSuite (comes with the phone, or download it at www.nokia.com), or copy it to the MMC using a card writer, then start DVDPlayer - it will show the new file in the list. The program needs about 2Mbyte free memory on the phone (not on the MMC).
You may need to download additional codecs for encoding the files: DivX (http://www.divx.com), or XviD codec (http://www.koepi.org)
Supported languages: English, Deutsch, Russian, Spanish, French, Italian, Hungarian.
Supported movie format:
- AVI file
- picture width: 320 or 212 pixels;
- DivX orXviD encoded video
- 8kHz or 16kHz, MP3 encoded audio
- interlaced, max. 12 frame per second.
- video bitrate 150 - 200 kbps
- audio bitrate 16- 32kbps, 16kHz, mono
- using these settings, a 2-hour movie will be about 100Mbyte - 150Mbyte.