Organic Chemistry Quick-Study Guide- Boost Your grades with Organic Chemistry Quick-Study Guide. Navigate from Table of Contents or search for words or phrases. FREE Introduction and Chemical bond chapters in trial version.
Intended for everyone interested in Organic Chemistry, particularly undergraduate and graduate life science students, medical students, nursing, and dental students.
- Formatted for a small screen.
- Easy to understand
- Organic compounds, formulas and isomers
- Reactions kinetics and mechanisms
- Reactions sorted by type and by class
- Multi-Platform device capability (PDA, smartphone, PC)
- No matter which device you use (Windows Mobile, Symbian OS, Pocket PC, Palm OS, Blackberry, or Desktop), you will NOT lose any functionality.
- Search for the words or phrases
- Navigate from Table of Contents or read page by page
- Add Bookmarks
- Text annotation and mark-up
- Access the guide anytime, anywhere - at home, on the train, in the subway.
- Use your down time to prepare for an exam.
- Always have the guide available for a quick reference.
- Automatic synchronization between the handheld and the desktop PC. You could read half of the book on the handheld, then finish reading on the desktop. Annotations and drawings are also synchronized.
Table of Contents
Introduction: History | Description and nomenclature | Classification | Characteristics of organic substances | Molecular structure elucidation | Organic reactions | Organic compounds
Chemical Bond: Valence electron | Covalent | Coordinate covalent bond | Ionic bond | Metallic bond | Polarity | Aromaticity
Molecular geometry: Valence bond theory | Valence shell electron pair repulsion theory | Orbital hybridization | Sigma bond | Pi bond | Lewis structure | Resonance | Carbon-carbon bond
Classification: Common Atoms | Hydrocarbons | Functional groups | Classes | IUPAC nomenclature | Periodic Table
Stereochemistry: Isomers | Structural isomerism | Stereoisomerism | Geometric isomerism | Optical isomerism | Diastereomer | Enantiomer | Cahn-Ingold-Prelog priority rule | Conformational isomerism
Organic Reactions: Nucleophile | Electrophile | Activation energy | Kinetics | Catalyst | Concerted r. | Stepwise r. | Inductive effect | Steric effects
Acid-base Reactions: pH | Acid | Base | Alkaline | Reaction theories | Conjugate acid | Protonation | Deprotonation
Substitution Reactions: Nucleophilic s. | SN1 | SN2 | SNi | Nucleophilic acyl s. | Nucleophilic aromatic s. | Neighbouring group participation | Electrophilic s. | Electrophilic aromatic s. | Radical s.
Elimination Reactions: E1 | E2 | Notes | Zaitsev's rule
Addition Reactions: Electrophilic a. | Syn & Anti a. | Markovnikov's & Anti-M. rule | Nucleophilic a. | Free radical a.
Other Reactions: Rearrangement r. | Redox r. | Hydrolysis | Condensation r. | Polymerization | Addition polymerization | Step-growth polymerization
Reactions by class: Alcohol | Amine | Ether | Epoxide | Haloalkane (Alkyl halide) | Alkene | Alkane | Alkyne | Carbonyls | Aldehyde | Ketone | Carboxylic acid | Ester | Amide | Acyl chloride | Benzene | Imine | Nitriles | Nitro compound
Spectroscopy: Absorption spectrum | Nuclear magnetic resonance S. | Infrared S. | UV/Vis. S. | Electromagnetic Spectrum
MobiPocket Reader Setup
1. To read this book you will need to download the Free MobiPocket Reader from MobiPocket, the Amazon.com company. You can install the Reader directly to your handheld. However, we recommend that you install the MobiPocket Desktop Reader first from here
2. When you connect the handheld to the desktop PC, the MobiPocket Desktop Reader automatically detects the handheld and installs an appropriate software on the handheld.
3. Open the PRC file from the MobiPocket Desktop Reader. Click the Send button to send the book from the desktop PC to the handheld.
4. Whenever you connect the handheld to the desktop PC, the MobiPocket Desktop Reader automatically synchronizes the book between the handheld and the desktop PC. You could read half of the book on the handheld, then finish reading on the desktop. Annotations and drawings are also synchronized.