Best TaskMan - Allows to control running applications and tasks, manage your favorite applications, documents, calls, SMSes. Tight integration to the system, activation on hotkey, and much more to explore
You can start Best TaskMan from your desk application in absolutely the same way as any other application. When TaskMan is started it substitutes the recent used applications window with task man. When you press Desk Key it opens Desk application as before, a long press shows TaskMan now (instead of Recent used apps). If you want to access Recent used application window you can tap on the status indicator area.
To hide TaskMan window press ESC button ()
TaskMan consists of several views:
- Running applications view
- Hotkeys view
- Processes view
- Installed applications view
- Opened files view
Running applications view
This view shows the information about running applications.
You can see what applications are running currently, how much memory the running application uses, switch to the selected application, close or kill an application, get information about the application (UID, file names etc). You can see the amount of memory and disk space available in the application's caption as well.
This view allows you to increase the productivity usage of your smartphone highly, here you can define and organize many actions you perform all the time or just make it your favorite applications/documents/etc launcher. Just imagine: you can call your wife, send sms to your friend, start some document, open webpage or anything else very fast just by selecting the corresponding shortcut.
You can create following favourites items:
- Hotkey to an application - starts a specified application
- Hotkey to a document - e.g. to word file, etc
- Hotkey to dial - dials a specified number
- Hotkey to SMS - starts new SMS to a specified number
- Hotkey to MMS - starts new MMS to a specified number
- Hotkey to eMail - starts new eMail to a specified person
- Hotkey to a webpage - opens specified webpage
- Start menu - shows application launcher allowing you to start any application from it in a fast way
- Close all apps - closes all active applications except the system ones
- Compact memory - compacts memory
- Backlight mode - activates/deactivates 'always-on' backlight mode. If 'always-on' backlight mode is activated device backlight won't fade and will be always on till this mode is deactivated or the cover is closed.
- Memory information - shows memory/disks information
- Restart device - restarts device after confirmation
- New call - starts new call
- New SMS - creates new SMS
- New MMS - creates new MMS
- New Email - creates new Email
- New Fax - creates new Fax