GPS2blue for GPS PDAs-This solution would allow you to leverage your GPS/BT-enabled PDA as the receiver instead of having to invest in another device. Now be forewarned that this is not an officially supported product so while it's free, you'll have to use it at your own risk. Additionally, it was originally written with the Mio 201/701/PDA-N models in mind, though you'll see in this thread that some other folks are successfully testing it with other devices as well. It allows to redirect GPS data (default: COM2) to the Bluetooth port (default: COM7). Microsoft .Net Compact Framework 2 must be installed.
Quickstart on A201 and A701:
1. Create new Bluetooth incoming port on the Mio (COM7 on A201 and COM8 on A701)
2. Launched GPS2blue with
- A201 : GPS:COM2 Speed: 4800 and BT:COM7
- A701 : GPS:COM2 Speed: 57600 and BT:COM8
3. GPS2blue returns : BT not connected, waiting
4. Discovered and paired the A201/A701 from my PC (COM 6)
5. Launched VisualGPS and the data started coming through.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Windows Mobile 2003 Smartphone, Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone, Windows Mobile 6 Standard